double truss rod...what's the fuss?

A double truss rod (or should I say "rods") dosen't require adjusting according to the weather and such, but it does add a little weight to the neck and some people really think this weight is sooo bad. I always put (or used to put) double truss rods in my guitars, espically here in minnesota.

yup, that's all i've been doing, the whole point of a double truss rod is to have complete control over the movement of the neck, some necks may warp shortly or a while after they're made, this is usualy known as "bowing" and it if bows up, then a traditional truss rod will do absolutely nothing to correct this thus the neck is garbage, but say you have a neck that's bowed up and you have a double truss rod you can adjust the rod to flatten the neck back out so it's playable

so the short of it is that a double rod is adjustable 2 ways where as traditional ones are only 1 way adjustable..

ahhh excellent... So if your guitar does a lot of travelling and is under different humid and dry conditions it's generally a good idea? (my house is *weird*!)

correct. A double truss rod is always a good idea :DB)

yes, unless you want to keep weight down....

if weather is a problem for you and it keeps throwing your guitar necks slightly off you should look at some additional carbon fiber rods to be placed on either side of the truss rod channel i have never used them, but i hear they do wounders for rigidity in the neck such that you don't need to re-setup the guitar every summer and winter and if you travel...

yes carbon rods are cool.so are laminate necks.but like the other guy said double rods are a good idea.the reason i like them is that they adjust easier because the rod is pulling against another rod instead of just tring to straighten itself.am i making sense?it's a matter of mechanics