Kxk Guitars

don't be TOO sure of that...just to be fair i have to tell you i bought a studio plus 99 for i think $1100? if i remember right(in the ballpark anyway) and it is very nice.cosmetically flawless and sound and plays great...but it does not have the perfect fret job you would get from most handmade guitars.but it was worth the dough.

well i wasn't including the studio line. It's funny I have always liked the studio line but the standard on up I just think are shoddy for the 2000+ retail tag they tout.

But they are great looking guitars.. i don't think he could go wrong with them.

I like the little Vs.. I'd look funny playing one, but I think they are cool.. :D

I stumbled on this thread and had to respond.

KxK stands for Kaufman and Kaufman. I started making electric guitars,

my brother was making acoustic guitars. We were going to use the same

name for both of our instruments to gain from each other. That is where

KxK came from. He dropped the KxK name due to some negative responses like what was mentioned above. I however will never let someone elses negativity and clearly racist thoughts change what I'm doing. If someone looks at the letters KxK and sees something other

than the letters KxK, then there is something wrong, and it is not the

letters KxK.

My prices for the standard guitars start at $1199 with a road case.

There is NO comparison between my guitars and any others. How

many other small guitar makers believe in there guitars enough to offer

a 5 day satisfaction guarantee and a lifetime warranty? Note that

no one has ever used the 5 day guarantee. I stand behind my guitars

and my customers.

The V bodies may look smaller due to the body not coming up the neck

like most other V's do. KxK V's are balanced and not neck heavy.

Rob Kaufman - KxK Guitars

Cool beans, Rob.

As offended as you are by people's response to the name choice thing, though, it's equally stupid (equally, mind, not moreso) to say that someone else is racist for noticing the unfortunate choice.

Cheers for the pricing information. Some people here may not be into the style, but I bet there are lots of us who ARE.

Good luck with all your endeavours, and if you ever care to share your techniques with us, I bet it would be appreciated. :D

Greg

I don't think anyone suggested that you all MEANT for that to happen.. it's just one of those unfortunate things about logos. Anytime I design a logo, we would put it through the paces making sure it came across to all audiences in the way it was intended..

Unfortunately as well, you also have to remember that in many parts of the country the KKK is alive and well.. It's a different animal but it's still an ugly, ignorant animal that won't go away.. I'm in east tennessee and a big headline last year was some idiot that was shooting his gun in the air to initiate a fellow clansman and the bullet came down and hit him right in the top of the head.. How he survived I have no idea.. all his idiot friends got scared and ran off leaving him to fend for himself.. sad sad sad.. And tennessee is pretty far north for this kind of nonsense.. i'm sure it's even worse the further south you go.

But like I said, even though not necessarily my styl, I think your guitars are awesome looking.. You can definitely see the quality in there.. in the little details as wes said. Great lookin stuff.

You are right Greg, my "gerneral" statement was incorrect.

My ill stated point was not to call anyone racist for seeing

something that was not there. Thanks for pointing that out.

Rob

I'm in east tennessee and a big headline last year was some idiot that was shooting his gun in the air to initiate a fellow clansman and the bullet came down and hit him right in the top of the head.. How he survived I have no idea..

probably had something to do with the fact that the acceleration of a bullet coming back down is only as much as what gravity can pull it.and things reach maximum velocity fairly quickly...so basically it would have been as if a rock of the same weight had been dropped 3 or 4 stories onto the top of his head.it would hurt...but i doubt it would really penetrate,given the small mass of a bullet.

but i really don't believe that story anyway.the chances of it coming straight back down are astronomical...especially given wind speed and all that.

but could you please all drop the stupid nonexistent kkk connection?who cares what those fools are doing...it has nothing to do with guitars.

what if some guy named mario ibanez killed hundreds of college coeds at spring break(for example)?would you expect ibanez to change their names?

and kxk is only as similar to kkk as cat is to cot...the more literate you are,the less one letter is going to fool you

I'm in east tennessee and a big headline last year was some idiot that was shooting his gun in the air to initiate a fellow clansman and the bullet came down and hit him right in the top of the head.. How he survived I have no idea..

probably had something to do with the fact that the acceleration of a bullet coming back down is only as much as what gravity can pull it.and things reach maximum velocity fairly quickly...so basically it would have been as if a rock of the same weight had been dropped 3 or 4 stories onto the top of his head.it would hurt...but i doubt it would really penetrate,given the small mass of a bullet.

but i really don't believe that story anyway.the chances of it coming straight back down are astronomical...especially given wind speed and all that.

but could you please all drop the stupid nonexistent kkk connection?who cares what those fools are doing...it has nothing to do with guitars.

what if some guy named mario ibanez killed hundreds of college coeds at spring break(for example)?would you expect ibanez to change their names?

and kxk is only as similar to kkk as cat is to cot...the more literate you are,the less one letter is going to fool you

Dude.. i was only trying to explain the possible mixup. I'm not trying to perpetuate anything so no need to get testy..

I don't care if you believe it or not.. it was in all our newspapers and it happened about 20 minutes from where I love so...

Wolfgang Droge was killed a few days ago. He lived next door to my friend. I knew nothing about him until he died and the news wouldnt shut up about him. What an insane nutbar he was. And I live farther North than you guys here in Toronto Canada lol.

I like the SSV guitar, especially the sperzel tunners. I see them on ebay a lot and i like the idea of having a different choice of colour for tuners besides silver, gold and black lol.

-Jamie

Edited by sepultura999