Kxk Guitars

You could get a HELL of a lot more guitar for 2 grand. And you wouldn't need to spend the extra money on the white hood or the burning cross.

really?and where exactly might that be?

i am just wondering,because handmade guitars are always close to that price range or much,much higher.

$2000 is quite fair for a handmade professional neck through guitar with emg electronics,an original floyd,sperzel tuners,cocobolo fretboard,mahogany body,etc...

and what exactly qualifies as "more guitar"?from what i see those guitars have all of the high end appointments and they look very well made.

a more fair statement would be that maybe "you could get a guitar almost as nice for much less"

but it sounds like you are just player hating basically

the ltd mh-100 is a great guitar its 1,149

the jackson dinky line is great for around 600-1000

if you want emgs look at most jackson, esp, ibanez i mean i would never spend 2g on a guitar from some offname company because you dont really have any online sources or reviews for them. im sure they make great guitars but i mean i like to get my stuff from companys i know have a good rep. and a good customer service etc. i have never seen them at any of local guitar shops so i would rather buy a nice prs or something for 800 and drop some emgs in it or just buy a guitar allready with them in

the ltd mh-100 is a great guitar its 1,149

the jackson dinky line is great for around 600-1000

if you want emgs look at most jackson, esp, ibanez i mean i would never spend 2g on a guitar from some offname company because you dont really have any online sources or reviews for them. im sure they make great guitars but i mean i like to get my stuff from companys i know have a good rep. and  a good customer service etc. i have never seen them at any of local guitar shops so i would rather buy a nice prs or something for 800 and drop some emgs in it or just buy a guitar allready with them in

well it is great that you have your own opinion...everyone is entitled..but the only problem is that since most of us build...we know that a name means nothing.all those names you mention have great guitars AND very poor ones as well...but to get the great ones from them you will pay over $2000...some of them much more....and if you want a custom shop model from them...holy moses you are in for a shock.

you won't get a nice prs for $800.

maybe your idea of a truly proffesional instrument is different from mine.those guitars you mention by model are allright...some of them very decent.but that is as far as it goes really

by the way...notice on their website they have some guitars in stock for much less.i am not promoting them...i know nothing about them.i just want to educate you about the notion that mass produced guitars are as good as a true custom.i think you will most times get a more enjoyable,great instrument from a custom shop.

belive me i know the prices of custom stock prs guitars! and im not saying kxk builds bad guitars im sure they build great guitars but i mean if im gonna spend my hard earned cash i would want a guitar from a better known company even though they way not be better its just more of a precationary thing for me i guess

belive me i know the prices of custom stock prs guitars! and im not saying kxk builds bad guitars im sure they build great guitars but i mean if im gonna spend my hard earned cash i would want a guitar from a better known company even though they way not be better its just more of a precationary thing for me i guess

sure thing.but you can learn alot from the quality of the website and by making a few phone calls to size the people up.

look at ormsby...he is not well known at all(although i think he is getting there fast),but he is very honest and has enough pics of his creations that you can tell he builds quality instruments.

sure thing.but you can learn alot from the quality of the website and by making a few phone calls to size the people up.

look at ormsby...he is not well known at all(although i think he is getting there fast),but he is very honest and has enough pics of his creations that you can tell he builds quality instruments.

And he builds an absolutely kick ass V

But (and I don't mean this in a bad way at all) you would need to be willing to wait if you got a guitar from Perry Ormsby, just like you would if you went to any other builder in his position. I dont want to say too much for him, but from what I gather he is quite snowed under at the moment... meaning if kh15 wants to get a guitar in the near future it might be better to go down a different road.

Dont take that as discouragment though... I have as much faith in Perry's good work as anyone on this board, seeing as I trust him to build my guitar, however I thought it was a point worth making. If you take what I have said onboard and are still willing though, then by all means, Perry is your man, over and above all other custom builders :D

- Dan

No, precautionary is knowing WHO made your instrument. Look at Gibsons. You can't touch a new paul for less than 2Gs and in my opinion, for the money, they are junk.

When buying a custom you are paying for the priveledge of having a guitar built by one person who will attend to your guitar from the raw lumber stage all the way through the final setup. With a manufacturer, probably 100 people have touched your guitar and as many machines. CNCs, robo buffers, assembly line fret installations and dressing, caked on plastic finish..

I understand where you are coming from but if you can find a store that sells some custom instruments go check them out. I'm willing to bet you'll do a complete 180. At this point in my life, I will bever buy a big name guitar again.. at least from the big 2

You'll find too a lot of builders are willing to throw limited lifetime warrantees in there. You won't get that kind of guarantee OR service from one of the biggies.

The KxK guitars are totally not my style.. but I can tell from looking at them that they are well made. Nice details, and some of those in-stock models.. 1199 for a custom V with a road case.. that's a steal if you ask me. Go drop 1199 with a big company and you're likely to get one of their "import" models.

Look at Gibsons. You can't touch a new paul for less than 2Gs and in my opinion, for the money, they are junk.

don't be TOO sure of that...just to be fair i have to tell you i bought a studio plus 99 for i think $1100? if i remember right(in the ballpark anyway) and it is very nice.cosmetically flawless and sound and plays great...but it does not have the perfect fret job you would get from most handmade guitars.but it was worth the dough.

especially after i dropped in the emg 81/85 set

The KxK guitars are totally not my style.. but I can tell from looking at them that they are well made.

well he obviously caters to the metal crowd...such as me.i think that battle axe v is very,very nice....like everything about it.he has the same taste in parts and construction methods as i do.neck throughs,emgs,original floyds,sperzels,locking nuts,smaller v bodies with sharp points,optimum upper fret access,3 piece quartersawn maple necks,ebony boards.

i mean,really...for $1500 to $2000 for a custom instrument how can you go wrong?

by the way that guy sets up a website section so you can look at photos of your guitar as he builds it.

Consider it retracted, then. :D You can't deny... KxK was a poor choice of a name and logo when it looks so much like KKK. But that certainly doesn't mean that the guy is racist, and it would have been enough to point out the unfortunate choice of name (as I did in page 1) rather than continue to riff on it.

No offence intended, that's for sure.

Greg