Two Guitars...

Here are the last two guitras that I have made, one is not completely done yet.

The finished one:

Wenge body, Mahogany top( :D ) and Maple neck,

neckthrough construction

Ebony fingerboard

EMG SA and 85

Hipshot hardtail bridge

Grover tuners

A traditional Turkish finish called "Gomalak", similar to French Polish...

Line inlays that are done by myself

The articulation in this guitar is amazing, although it needs some neck adjustement and proper intonation, it is the guitar that I play with. I have never played with the humbucker yet, it is not even soldered. I had a prejudice against EMG pickups but that changed after I played with this guitar.

Fotoraflar165.jpg

the unfinished one

Limba body with Padouk top and back, Brown Ebony fingerboard, Rosewood-Padouk horizontally laminated neck

homemade Brown Ebony bridge with tusq saddles

7 strings

gotoh non-locking tuners

Blaze humbucker

I built this for the guitarist of my band, where I play the bass. I haven't tested t yet, but my first impression was that I have to re-do the fingerboard and the bridge in order for this to be my masterpiece (out of 5 guitars :D )

Fotoraflar183.jpg

back&neck

bridge close-up

How does the first one play? And do you have any close up pics of the headstock? It looks almost like that on my first build (all mahogany). The headstock on mine is also arrowhead w/ "straight thru the nut" strings and staggered 3/3 tuners but no headstock angle. I went for a Fender side profile and used 3 string trees. The interesting thing is that string bending is much easier than on most other guitars I've played. Have you experienced/noticed similar with yours?

Awesome looking guitars!

Is the top of the first guitar handcarved, or is that how the wood was?

And speaking of the first guitar...

Is it just me, or does the bridge look crooked?

It looks like it's closer to the neck on the treble side, and all the saddles are pulled all the way back...

:D

There is a headstock angle, no string trees whatsoever.

Well, I told you guys about the small intonation problem and slightly twisting the bridge and pulling the saddles way back was the only possible solution :D

I have a pic of the headstock from teh back, the machines are totally absurdly alligned, I know, but I have a tendendy to make the headstocks way too small.

Fotoraflar127.jpg

The wood is hand carved like that, then it was stained red, then black over red, finally it was sanded so that the red would show between the blacks. It plays great regardless the high action. It is no problem anyway, because I don't play very complicated things, I usually write songs with this one.

Also, the Wenge is chambered.

I might aswell throw my new projects in:

6 string fretless bass

Neckthrough construction

Semihollow Turkish Walnut wings

Figured Walnut top and back

Wenge-Rosewood-Padouk neck

Bartolini pickups

Tuners yet to be chosen

Homemade wooden bridge

Ebonby fingerboard

PRS replica

African Mahogany body, Ash neck,

Ebony fingerboard,

PRS Artist pickups,

Wilkinsson Trem,

Tuners?

Semihollow guitar

Walnut body&neck

Some exotic wood top

EMG 60, SA, 89 pickups

Wilkinsson trem

Schaller locking tuners?

Macassar Ebony fingerboard

This will be built as endorsement, actually a gift for a great guitarist friend of mine. He will be going to study in some music school next year, he was accepted to Berklee last week, perheps he will go there. I just wanted him to take there something that I made for him.

Ash neck,

I don't know if ash is the best wood for a neck. Might try to use mahogany like on the body. Someone else might want to chime in here though.

It seems strong and stable enough, but I will laminate it with something harder to be sure.

Edit: forgot to say that I now make two guitars, the ash neck goes to a new ash body and the mahogany body gets a new mahogany neck. Perhaps it will be better

Edited by aeli