Checkered Tele

Vans were more of a 90's thing. :D Also, the young kids should still know Vans since they continue to be popular and even sponsor(ed?) a highly popular music/skating tour called the Warped Tour.

Greg

Nope the Vans were in the mid 80's. Thats my high school years and I wore them all the time. And yes they are still big now, go ask Dave Mirra or Tony HAwk, alto they are older than the crowd coming up now, they atill use them and most events like Greg said are sponsored by them. And still do use them, Vans and Airwalks, there ain't no Nike that can match them.

It would look like this awsome pair of vans i saw and loved.  Thatnks for showing that it could be done.

For all you young'uns, Vans were checkered sneakers that were popular with Skateboarders waaaayyyy back in the '80's. (God I'm gettin old). They became popular with the rest of the US after Greg Kihn of the "One Hit Wonder" Greg Kihn Band (no I don't remember the song, I said I'm gettin old) wore them in a video (That was back when MTV still showed mostly music videos, before VH1 even.)

"Our Love's in Jeopardy" and "Breakup Song"

:D

check ebay for the vans. i got one on ebay for my girlfriend, brand new. the only problem with them, like the Chuck D's is that they're so damn thin and can break so easily.

-Jamie

check ebay for the vans. i got one on ebay for my girlfriend, brand new. the only problem with them, like the Chuck D's is that they're so damn thin and can break so easily.

-Jamie

true.. they like denim but weaker.. no one would skate on chucks because one fall and your hi-tops are lo-tops :D Well anyways, i never really liked those checkered vans... only on girls, i think they look nice... on guys.. well, im not gonna say.. im not like that... :D

I technically like the Adidases... i was thinkin tho, rather than wear my Checkered laces ( courtesy Hot Topic B) ) I was thinking about airbrushing em checkers... anyone think this is a good idea?

Wow, personally i dislike hot topic alot. But to each his own. In general though, i dont like the way that store sells things or something like that, well i really dont know why i dont like it but i dont. Any way, dont you think airbrushing laces would wash off in rain, then it would look like crap. Either way, we should probaly talk about guitars and not shoes seeing as it is a guitar forum :D.

Well technically the paint wouldnt wash off the shoe.... umm, guitar, it would probly just crinkle on like leather tends to do. :D .... but perhaps sewn fabric might be better... litle 1/2" black leather pieces... that might look good...

well anyways... for the guitar idea, Maple and Walnut checkers.. would i make a veneer like top? then go and glue it to a solid piece of mohogany or w/e? ive been wondering about this for a while...i know i need to glue it and all, but how this should the top be? and when im done do i just glue it to a solid body?

~korge :D

Edited by korge

wow, is this going to be a veneer flame top, airbrushed with 3 part alchohl based stain with black squares on top with a unique body shape!?!

Youre braver then i am... :D it look nice, but i think u may have your hopes up for that red/yellow fade...

I cant wait to see it in action :D