Luthier Education

Racerxified

Okay, I know that there are schools and institutions that teach you the whole shabang of repair work and guitar construction and such. Problem is I can't seem to locate any of them for the life of me. If anyone knows of any such institutions please let me know, be it from a couple weeks to years of participation. I live in Massachusetts, so locations in that area would be more helpful. Thanks for your help!

I know it probably won't help but we have a good one in Phoenix, AZ. It's called Roberto Venn. I was thinking about going there a couple of years ago but didn't have enough money or the time to commit. :D

Thats the primeir school in the US

When I first started playing guitar about 5 years ago, I knew that someday I wanted to learn how to build them. I found out about Roberto Venn and called for some info. I think it was a 3 or 5 month course with classes all day. That kind of blew that out of the water. That's why I'm so glad I found this site with all you guys that are willing to instill your hard earned knowledge on other enthusiasts. I guess that's just my way of saying thanks :D

• 2 weeks later...

BC canada (eh!) has a really nice looking school http://www.luthiers-international.com/guitar.htm but as with most of these schools, the prices are rather high... i am also taking the "make my own and see what happens then complain on here till u guys help" road.... i mean... 7 grand is alot of money for a couple months of learning... :D