Glitter

mikild

no.. no.. no.. Someone showed a picture of some nasto guitar someone tried that on.. Glitter is for kindergarten projects :D

Seriously man.. use the search.. it's all in thee. The glitter you are referring to would be a metalflake finish.. it takes a real spray rig.. with a big spray tip. Look at some of the pinned threads.. LGM has one totally on rattlecans. you just have to go look for it.

i own a gibson les paul standard which came factory prepped with a monstrous glitter job, i mean huge glitter squares packed together. I wondered how i could do a finish like this.

Any chance you could post some pics of the guitar?

I just LOVE sparkle-finish Les Pauls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know they produced a 'Les Paul Standard Sparkle' which you could get in Red,Blue,Green and Diamond i think (which was a Silver with multi-coloured sparkle).

I've also seen a special run of Silver Sparkle Standards that they made for Guitar Centre (i think?) which had really large glitter particles.

Yeah the whole sprinkle idea does not work.... but I have has luck using the glitter that girls use for their face these days, its almost a powder. It will spray mixed with urethane clear just remember a little goes a long way.

i own a gibson les paul standard which came factory prepped with a monstrous glitter job, i mean huge glitter squares packed together. I wondered how i could do a finish like this.

Any chance you could post some pics of the guitar?

I just LOVE sparkle-finish Les Pauls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know they produced a 'Les Paul Standard Sparkle' which you could get in Red,Blue,Green and Diamond i think (which was a Silver with multi-coloured sparkle).

I've also seen a special run of Silver Sparkle Standards that they made for Guitar Centre (i think?) which had really large glitter particles.

mines the diamond finish...looks awsome...i wanted to make a similar finish for a '75 Gibson S-1 i got, but that pic they posted has made me quite scared of the idea. I'll get a cam and get u some pics of the Les.

click this link

http://pics.lgmguitars.com/pics/DC%20and%2...on/IMGP1584.JPG

You'll see a PGM I'm doing in a gold glitter finish. Well, not really glitter, it's called metal flake. It's a dry flake that has to be mixed into a high solids clear coat (2 part urethane).

It is not cheap to do a heavy metal flake though. The flake itself will cost anywhere from $35 for a small bottle, to $100 for a small bottle depending on the colors and size. House of Kolor makes probably the nicest dry flake on the market.

Then you need to mix it into the clear which is expensive. Then last but not least, if you want heavy metal flake, you have to spray it using at the VERY smallest a 1.4mm tip gun, 2.4 is even better.

Then, be prepared for your whole shop to be glitter covered LOL, it gets everywhere, it's like cancer, you can never seem to get rid of it all LOL

No, don't discourage him!! I know that awful, gaudy look of REAL glitter! It is cooler than chrome! Brush the guitar with Gorilla Glue (no, I am not making that up) and throw that HUGE glitter at it until no more will stick. Then brush or shoot it with the slower-drying MinWax Poly! Clear, not satin! I bought a fiberglass car body laid up with the full-sized glitter and it was AWESOME! The birds wouldn't even poop on it! Throw in some of those little stars and circle-dots in gold and it WOULD BE KILLER! Crass as hell! I am being serious, here.

...Dont do it!! Please!!...

...Oh, the humanity ...

:D Uh-oh, sounds like somebody's mama was scared by a bass boat! Don't fear the 'flake, people! The 'flake is your friend! I want chunks so big I can use the reflection to comb my hair! :D

BTW, Jeremy, that PGM's sick!! You rule, man!URock.gif

OUCH!! I just looked at that picture and I hope that ain't what you mean! I thought you were gonna use that 1/16" square silver stuff and maybe throw in some gold. That axe is worthy of a mercy-killing! And NO seashells!