Fat Strat Wiring Help - Two Humbuckers

Rones

Hi

I am putting a couple of humbuckers into a strat pickguard I have that accepts them. I understand how to wire if they were with a 4 way conductor lead wire, but they have the vintage push back wire.

How does this sound? I ran the lead wires, grounding the braid, to the first two positions of the selector switch. I beleive I will only get to use the first 3 postions. In essence just position 1 neck, 2 blend, 3 bridge. (When I turned it on, no sound, maybe a wire came undone or something. Not sure, it was too late to try to fix it!. I think it will work!)

Does this sound alright? Or any better ideas. I can't find a diagram in the schematics section to aid me.

Thanks for all the help

Rones

But what if all I got lying arond is the five way and reall want to wire it up today!

Any ideas?

thanks

Rones

Personally, I'd unwrap the coils and split both of them, then you've got a ton of options.

As is you only really got a 3-way, phasing is not going to have that much effect with humbuckers so reversing phase to get a differet option is pointless.