Paint Chip

Ok so I've been working on this RG 570 doing a new tutorial and I noticed a paint chip missing from the body..........................

chip1.jpg

Can you see it!

Here look a little closer!

chip2.jpg

That's gotta be some kind of world record no? :D So should I glue it on?

The reason this particular body probably started chipping to begin with was that the factory didn't leave enough rough surface on the sanding sealer before they painted the body. I mean it is so smooth under the paint it isn't funny, seriously it is to smooth, so there is nothing for the paint to hold onto.

I started out along the side of the body just playing with an exacto blade sliding it under the paint lifting it up where I could. Once I had the outside perimeter done I took my 6" scale which is thin enough and just slid it under the paint and lifted it off in one large piece :D

LOL that's helarious!!!!!!! :DB):D:D !!!!!!!! Brian you're the man!

just goes to show how they cut corners to save time and paint without anyone knowing :D

how does the body feel? 600? 1000? 1500?

what tutorial is this going to be for? "why you should start with 100-200 grit and what happens if you don't "?