ive got a delema!

so im buiding my own guitars, i like the single tailpiece used on prs mccartys

but it will cost me like 500$ to have a machine shop make one for me of course once they do i can mass produce them. but were can i get one that looks like that one? i dont really like the gotoh 510 wich is what i tried. and the lp junior one tha stewmac sells is ugly! anyone know where i could get a really nice one at?

wd(wendy davis) sells them.

follow the link and search for wraparound tailpieces. they have ones specifically for prs. i guess these are an exact copy.

ps. you are exactly 7 years older than me

:D

can't you get a trade account somewhere if you're building so many?

ok, most of what i have found so far has been nothing like the prs bridge.

on the mccarty you cant adjust the intonation, but i think i may have found what you're looking for, cheap too....allparts

item number GB2565-001

GTB200C.JPG

How about these type. I can get you a screaming deal in chrome or gold if you want five or more.

I have used these on a lot of guitars, they really do work well. The 1st and 6th positions are adjusted at the stud, and the 2nd/3rd, and 4th/5th positions are adjustable also.

well im looking into getting my co. name and buisness # so than i will be able to buy things at a better price.

and i ve seen them wilkinson bridges, there ok but its not as cosmetically pleasing to me.

i guess im just way to picky!! but the guitars im building are turnning out beutiful! and i dont want to take away fom the beuty by putting on a "so so"

bridge.

ive contacted prs but im waiting to hear from the parts guy.

I might just look into having them made at a machine shop, maybe they can just copy my mccarty tailpiece so it wont be as expensive. I figure if i have to sarcrafice one bridge to make many it might be worth it. so i'll just have to see?

I might just look into having them made at a machine shop, maybe they can just copy my mccarty tailpiece so it wont be as expensive. I figure if i have to sarcrafice one bridge to make many it might be worth it. so i'll just have to see?

Looks like your walking straight into a law suite.... good luck.

I cant imagine PRS standing back while you shaft their idea, development, research, etc etc.

didn't they "rip off"* Gibson with that design anyway?

* allegedly.

all i gotta do is change the design 10% and good ol' mr.paul cant touch me!

and besides by the time he would find out about it id have a bunch already made. and if he did find out about it, well then i'd be honored that my buisiness would grow that much! that he would hear about me:P but in all seriousness (i cant spell worth crap!) i would try to change the design, besides who is he to keep on sueing people? gibson was around before him and they arent sueing him so maybe he should lay of the little guys! im meen his santana is totaly based off a gibson lespual special double cutaway! and copy cating is one of the biggest forms of flattery! :D

I guess i could just buy them from him but at 142.00 a pop i dont think so!

228.00 for gold! that is just rediculous! for a little piece of aluminum that is plated!

but my search will continue!

most of this post is all scarcasm i really do like prs guitars and own one

and if i make my own i will definetly change it