I found this new free photo hoster today. They offer UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH & FILESIZE, as well as remotelinking. Reminds me alot of good ol' fullserve... The catch to the UNLIMITED part is that any excessive/abusive usage will not be tolerated, but it should be fine for what we would use it for. They also have a feature where you can upload 100's of images in a .zip file, and it's automatically unzipped and loaded into the specified folder, saving alot of time.

OOPS! I forgot the link!

http://photojerk.com/signup.php

Edited by M_A_T_T

Looks good, Matt. Anyone signing up should take note of the disclaimer at the bottom. They've been blacklisted by Yahoo/AOL for spam, which they deny having sent. Just to be safe, though, I registered with my 'slough' account that I use for registering for such things. Then if there IS a lot of spam, it's not clogging up my main e-mail account.

Greg

I have started my account and am making albums and folders right now! Tee-hee!

Guess the days of the stealth luthier are almost over.

Hope it works out OK, thanks Matt. B)

SHAZAM BATMAN, IT WORKS! :D:D

Matt, you have unleashed the beast that has been chained up since fullserve went south.

FrontClose-1.JPG

I have started my account and am making albums and folders right now! Tee-hee!

One thing, I couldn't figure out how to move images from folder to folder, and ended up deleting and re-uploading 173 of them into the appropriate folders. If you find out how to move images from folder to folder, let me know.

• 1 month later...

Im sorry to bump an old thread.

As my name suggests I am from photojerk.com, in fact I am an admin at photojerk.

After seeing a few questions I thought id clarify some....

With reguard moving images already in your account between folders...

In the current version this is not possible, however in the new version we have this feature. The new version is however not due out untill ~Fall 05

With regards to bandwidth

At photojerk we have developed a very scalable system which can easilly handle the very dynamic needs of our users. However there is always that very tiny minority of users that have to take things too far and abuse the rights that they have been given. In these cases we must step in to work out an agreement. This is not to say that this abuse will cause slow downs at the site, as we can accomodate for these things - but we cannot sustain or allow a very small amount of users tie up a proportianately large amount of our resources.

I cant see that any users here will have any issues tho - Think gigabytes per day before you think of abuse! Likewise think about gigabytes of used space before you think abuse.

Hope this clarifies this question.

With reguard non image file hosting: ihud.com file hosting (beta)

Alan <PhotoJerk.com ADMIN>

Edited by photojerk
  • 1 month later...
I hope you have Backups, remember that last free service everyone here was using just disappeared overnight

Here is very stable and very advanced photo sharing system that gets a lot of use kudos in my industry (web development)

http:www.flickr.com

Has some really nice organisation tools, and you can get many plugins to allow remote uploads from your desktop.

Just another option!

I hope you have Backups, remember that last free service everyone here was using just disappeared overnight

Yup. They are all on my computer and on a jumpdrive as well. :D

"Flickr" is a bad word for a gay person in Dutch........and although I have nothing against gay people.....I just don't see myself using this service. :D

And I like photobucket anyway. Although uploading in bunches would be nice feature to have.

You can do that in photobucket. "Submit Multiple Pictures". It's the first drop down box in the add pictures thing. You can submit up to 19 pics at once. I just feel bad for your internet :D

"Flickr" is a bad word for a gay person in Dutch........and although I have nothing against gay people.....I just don't see myself using this service. :D

And I like photobucket anyway. Although uploading in bunches would be nice feature to have.

You can do that in photobucket. "Submit Multiple Pictures". It's the first drop down box in the add pictures thing. You can submit up to 19 pics at once. I just feel bad for your internet :D

He may mean LOTS of pics. With photojerk you can upload 50MB zips, very handy when you have 100's of pics you need to upload.