My First Scratch Built Neck Thru

well time for a minor update again, i have all my materials minus electronics in, and its almost time to start making sawdust, but first i have some material to go through

updates009.jpg

here are all the woods, pickups, bridge(and yes it is sitting backwards), etc. as you can see, its mahogany and maple with an ebony fretboard (cant decide which one to use though...) I would just like to also add that rich is the man (fryovanni) the quilt top I got from him is awesome!(as is all the woods you see here!)

also my book finally came in, if you dont have it GET IT NOW!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/the_f.../updates011.jpg

Im still not sure on the inlay, but we will see what develops as I finally start building her!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I should have bought the maple top from Fryovanni, the one i bought won;t arrive here before i leave  :D  :D I paid 108$ for the top including shipping to England via air mail from America, and it's been a month since... :D  B)

It happens. Mail serives = crap. Had a package shipped by Priority Air Mail (non-tracking) that took a good 2 months to the day to show up, and that was after some serious on-the-phone time trying to get people to track it down. Got here in the end, although I've had stuff shipped surface arrive faster.

well eddie, given your suggestion and some thought i just might be doing diamond inlays on her, now im just trying to figure out if I want to do the entire guitar as a quilt top or just the wings and throw some stringers in there, anybody want to throw in there 2 cents?

The stringers and the maple top only for the wongs sonds like a neat idea to me, or you can put still a maple top for the middle section and stringers, whicever option sounds cool to me, I wish i had the time and the money to build a mockingbird and an ironbird, but i need to finish first these 2 warlocks, flying V, PRS custom 24, carved top tele , 27 " scale RG 7 string, and explorer... :D