Swirling Results...

and another Jem I saw on this forum (I can't remember who was holding her),

that had green pick-ups, and green swirl over black.

sounds pretty much like a standard JEM77GMC. those are beautiful (the DNA and other multi-color swirls just seem a bit... you know... they look like popsicles)

I've been to London for a couple of days, but now I'm back...

The way I did it, was just add borax to water(the tutorial way). Then I used urethanlaquer, common Humbrol mini-cans, costs like $1,5 a can. So swirling guitars this way is pretty cheap! And with the cheap laquer, you can fool around alot to learn how the different colors react, without spending more than $10.

Did it dry hard? I've experimented a little with different paints and the ones that turned out good didn't dry while the ones that dried hard looked like mud when finished, all the colors ran together and mixed and turned brown :D

If the paint starts running, then the color coat is to thick...

• 2 weeks later...

Now it's pretty finished... Just going to polish it up with some guitarpolish then it's done!

I bought this great liquidrubbing polish that made wonders to the finish...

Now the finish is so shiny and cool that I might skip the buffing procedure, what's the point when you already have a sparkling finish?? (this is where YOU tell me why I should buff) LGM, some words of wisdom???

gitarren1.jpg

Guest AlexVDL
WOW!!!

Dude, It almost looks like a "Chrome Swirl"!!!

Nice job

Yeah holy mozes :D I had to look twice too see it wasn't chrome. I thought the same thing dude... it looks excellent!!!

whoa man, that looks absolutely awesome!

i was gonna dye the flame maple top of the guitar im building a bright orange then use that tan stone paint on the sides and top, but that looks so cool, i wanna swirl it now :D

can anyone tell me how to do it though? i have absolutely no idea... B)