Fret lights

Rogviler

LEDs use very little juice, itl wil last plenty long enough.

I just want to clarify this (I know you're using a blinker):

LED's typically use about 20mA each. 20 x 10 = 200mA. A typical 9V battery has a maH rating of 500 - 800 maH. Unfortunately, this makes a 9V one of the worst choices in terms of battery life. 9V's however are the best choice if you want a pre-made battery box since nobody makes AA battery boxes suitable for a guitar.

There's been a lot of talk about LEDs lately and there seems to be a good deal of confusion related to the circuits and power sources. I strongly recommend that you look at www.theledlight.com (technical info at the bottom). It will explain a lot of the circuit issues well enough for someone with little electronics knowledge.

I also would recommend seriously considering not doing them for your first guitar project. There's a lot that can go wrong and it adds quite a bit of time to building the neck.

If you decide to do it, read up as much as you can before committing to buying parts and installing them.

Avoid super-brights for side LEDs!!!! They will render the guitar almost useless! They are probably OK for the front of the neck but I personally just don't use them.

Actually most LEDs have a current range from about 3 to 30 ma

you can run a super bright LED off 5 amps and it will be fine,

admitadlly if you have 10 of them then it'll still suck the batteries dry lol