My Modded Ibanez Gsa60

Just wanted to share my guitar It's an Ibanez GSA60 (black originally) which i refinished and routed the body to accept a floyd (which i have blocked for now so i could change tunings faster) also added Dimarzio Protrack and Dimarzio Evolutions, the middle pick up is the stock one but it's not wired and just there as a decoy, also i scalloped frets 12 to 22. I also have som chrome pick-up rings there to add some bling. :D

i'll be doing the headstock in a few days to make it match the body, also have some custom decals on there coz i hated the "GIO" thing there and it had no swoosh.

guitarblue8fu.jpg

bluescallop0ik.jpg

floyd9oa.jpg

headstock21ld.jpg

in comparison here's the stock one

GSA60BKN.jpg

Edited by dex_rodriguez

Project Guitar Scalloping

Project Guitar Full Scallop

They allow the note to ring better, because it's not sandwiched between your finger and the fretboard, someone with more experience might be able to answer that better but check out the links if you haven't seen them before they will be of some help.

There are two links to see scalloping in action. First one is for frets 21-24 and the second one is for a full scalloping job. Excellent tutorials, they will explain it and show you exactly how to do it. Jason