Big Problems

I have refinished my guitar, sanded, painted and glossed my guitar but now that it is back together it just wont let me tune the strings poperly, i can only tune the deep e an octave higher than normal, also the intonation is perfect(or close to) what can i do to fix this.

it just wont let me tune the strings poperly, i can only tune the deep e an octave higher than normal

Why do you want to tune the low E an octave higher than usual, and how, without breaking it? I'm confused..... :D

I'm confused, too.

Sounds like you need to set the intonation, though. I believe that's what you're getting at, but that's just a guess. :D

Greg

ok, basically the intonation is good, but the strings will not tune to the normal eadgbe, they will only tune an octave higher.

I am trying to get normal tuning but the strings become to loose and just make that vvvvvvvv sound,

how do i fix it

Err... this may be a long shot, but I'm thinking that maybe your action is WAAAY low, and perhaps the string is hitting your 12th fret and you are getting the 12th fret harmonic?

The low E would NEVER be able to be tuned up an octave...