Neck Of Pure Evil

Alright, so awhile ago i bought a strat style washburn guitar for a low price and I figured id give it some new paint and pickups and whatever and It would be a good easy project. Well the person who had it before me must've been off his rocker because he glued the bolt on neck into place. I've been trying to figure out what to do to get this neck off, ive been trying to get into the neck pocket with knives,scrapers, hammers,razor blades and 'm making very little progress. If anyone has any suggestions or advice I'd love to hear it. If you need more info just ask and I'd be glad to inform.

Thanks, Spencer

Heat.

Odds are he used epoxy, it's the hallmark of the home modder. Epoxy has a rep as being irreversable, but it is even more succeptable to heat than aliphatic glues, so if you heat that sucker good and warm, it should separate nicely.

I'd get the whole area warm by sitting a domestic iron on the back of the neck joint (on the body) and then separate the glued surfaces with a hot spatula or putty knife.

Heck, he is gonna refinish it anyway. See if you can get the local Dominoes Pizza place to stick it in their oven for 5 minutes. No, no, huhugh, that won't work. Their ovens don't get that hot. :D

With all the bolts out (if he left them in) put the neck in a forward strain so it WANTS to get out of the pocket. Buy a LOT of beer and sit there while you heat the back of the pocket with a hairdryer on medium. Drink the beer. Heat some more. If anything starts to come loose, quit drinking the beer and put more strain on the neck. When done, go buy new guitar. :D

DRY! Steam Is wet wet is not good on wood

Well That's What I think anyway I've never need to redo any glue job's B)

He man Good Luck with It You should Do some Pic's to show other's How to fix This kinda thing Or If You screw up How not to do :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Thats what I thought but Kevans fretboard tutorial used steam so i figured I should ask. I'll take some pictures and hope it works out ok, I'll do it tomorrow,so pictures...probably tomorrow afternoon since I have nothing else I have to do :D.

that's because it was for wood glue...