Someone Help Me With Guitar Rig?

Hughes

i have this guitar rig for pc and i cant get any sound to come out of my speakers...do you need a preamp? someone said they dont use one but i cant seem to get it working. any tips greatly appreciated :D thanks Hughes :D

It definitely matters.

You cannot use it without a pre-amp. However, when people say they don't use one, what the really mean is that they're going directly into their soundcard's mic in, which DOES have a pre-amp. :D

Greg

the mic in already HAS a pre-amp. If you didn't hear anything, it may be because it's not enabled.

Also, you might want to install an ASIO driver, if you can. Is it onboard sound, or an SB card? If it's onboard, there's a good chance you can get ASIO4ALL up and running (no link, but if you Google, you'll find it), which will sort out a lot of issues though you'll still have to make sure the input itself is enabled.

Greg

It all depends on your soundcard. In your control panel somewhere there should be an option for sound settings. Or maybe there's a "standalone" mixer that your soundcard uses. Somewhere in the soup of Windows config there will be an option to turn it on. Usually only one or the other is enabled by default. Your line in may be enabled, meaning the mic in is NOT.

This is all just guesswork, though, not being right in front of your system. :D

Greg

OK then. Double click on that. Go to Options - Properties. Clicking Recording. Make sure all the options are clicked. Click ok. Select mic in or line in (whichever you have your guitar connected to). Turn the volume to full. Check to see if Guitar Rig works.

Open up your volume control, and click on the drop down Options menu. Then check Advanced Controls. That will put an Advanced button under your mic controls. Click it and at the bottom under Other Controls make sure that the microphone boost is checked. I have to do this in order to get enough gain for my mic. Hope that helps.