Black Ice Overdrive

radio shack sells them or you can google it and get several mail order co's that sell them.

• 2 months later...

mouser

http://webs.advance.com.ar/arch1234/Pablo/links.htm

scroll down to where it says samples

talk to the poeople there in the samples menus and you can usually get ehat you want for free. i mean just a couple of them but if it helps expirament then there ya go.

• 4 months later...

No, but it has a low enough forward voltage to be as effective as the ones they use - personally, unless you've got really hot overwound pickups, I find this gadget to be somewhere between massively underwhelming and completely useless, whether it's homebrew or store-bought. It's pretty much a triumph of marketing over utility, IMHO -don't expect much, and you won't be disappointed. :D

I believe they also sell the blue sprague atom filter caps for tube amps. Plastic pointer knobs. I might have bought some really small drill bits from them. maybe you need solder, a solder sucker. volume pots for guitar or effects.

I know exactly the feeling. I will search a company's catalog from front to back , probably 3 times, before placing an order.

But as far as that black ice deal goes, I think it fits the bill for an over-drive as much as bending a string with your fretting hand fills the bill for a tremelo.

Any other Items to order from this company?...
Are you kidding? Mouser has (almost) everything you need for building your average DIY stompers - if it was me, I'd pick up some 2N5457 FETs and a few 2N5089s and 2N5087s just to keep on hand - you know, the stuff you can't get at Da Shack. And maybe a couple dozen of NJM072 dual opamps, a few 9 volt battery clips and a 386 poweramp chip or two, just in case I needed 'em. Of course, I've already got most of that stuff, so maybe I'm not a good example! :D