5 More Hours Of Hard Labor...

Back On topic :D I would Like To see more Pic's

How's The Top comeing sofar :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

It really did start out as a guitar building thread. That was the intent. Honest...

It really did start out as a guitar building thread. That was the intent. Honest...

How about some shots of the other bodies you're working on (not yer own, of course!)?

Well, I thought I had posted shots of the masked koa body shape I am working on for a smaller chambered body travel guitar. I have enough koa for 3 guitars. Maximum width is only 10 inches. It would be a 24-3/4 scale length and have all of the features and pickup selection of the CamelBack.

KoaMask1S.JPG

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/boggs.com/Koa/KoaMask2S.JPG

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/boggs.com/Koa/KoaMask3S.JPG

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/boggs.com/Koa/KoaMask4S.JPG

Wow, 10 inches is narrow.  BTW, what production guitars are less than the average 12.5" in width?  I'm curious since one of my designs is only 11" or so wide.

Dave

Yeah, 10" is pushing it...the Bocaster over there ( <---- ) is 25.5 cm (i.e., just a tad over 10 inches).

It works fine for sitting down-- in fact, it's pretty comfortable (although I'm probably going to strip it and carve out some contours, so it'll stay in place on my lap).

But standing up it's not all that comfortable-- there's no place to rest your forearm ....and I discovered that the forearm is a BIG part of balancing a guitar, especially on a lightweight guitar like this...because the neck's too heavy, so you need your forearm to keep it in place.

The newer project I'm working on (another square guitar, the last one, I promise!) is just a little bit wider --10.5 inches-- but it already makes a pretty big difference, at least for my arm, it gets my forearm onto it.

Still ain't perfect -- things start getting more comfortable probably around 11 inches...

But a lot depends on how long your arms are, and how you like to hold the guitar of course.

It won't be ultra-light as the chambered segment is 1-1/4" thick Cuban mahogany which is very dense. The koa is about 1/4" thick each top and back. It won't be a flyweight, and should balance reasonably well. My CamelBacks are 12" maximum width and everyone who has played it has commented on its comfort.