Crackle Finishes

!!METAL MATT!!

What Do you think of Crackle finishes  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok Im thinking About doing A Crackle finish on My 6-string Brutalizer V

Oh And I should Tell you What The Colors Will Be :D

Ok Im laying Down red with black on top of that so That It look's Like The red Is

BLEEDING thru the black

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I don't know how I feel about them, but I know Martha Stewart loves them. Martha Stewart has been to prison; that means she's hardcore. So that must mean crackle finishes are hardcore too.

Actually, I like them, they give the guitar a wethered yet refined appearance...I think.

The only guitar I liked it on was the purple crackle Washburn with the 29 & 36 fret necks. And that's probably subconscious because I liked the look of that guitar. So I probably liked the guitar before I liked the finish, and then my mind rectified it. Otherwise it's always looked bad to me. I like it less when you can see and feel the cracks.

But I will say I don't have anything against it. In other words I wouldn't say anything to discourage you from using it. It's just a personal preference. Red/Black will probably look more like flowing lava rock than blood though. Here's an idea, just do certain sections, so it looks like the guitar is holding together in some parts, and breaking apart in other parts. It might look cool to put a violin-esque purfling lip all around the top, and just crackle the top. So it looks like the guitar has a back, and sides, but the top is a pool of liquid poured into it.

I've only seen a few crackle finishes i liked but the reason i voted "good" was because I DEFINITELY want to see a red bleeding through black finish! Matt that would kill! There are several types of crackle finish, some with small crackels and some with large and I think "large crackles" would look awsome on that guitar.

Go for it Matt I can't wait to see it! :D

Some look okay, some look terrible. The one you're going for sounds alright, it's the multi-colour ones I don't really like, unless it's maybe holoflash.

What kind of red are you going to be using?