Gear Replacement...

mullmuzzler

Friend of mine offered me to play a guitar on his DJ gigs, sort of a LIVE act, with another guy on the keyboard. Currently, I own a Behringer V-Amp 2 without FC1010 MIDI footcontroller. I'm not worried about the amp, cause the sound goes directly to mix. It happens that I have some money to spend on my gear... I have three possibilities in mind:

1. to buy the FC1010 MIDI footcontroller and use it with my V-Amp 2

2. to sell my V-Amp 2 and buy Digitech GNX 3

3. to upgrade my V-Amp 2 by replacing it with V-Amp Pro rackmount version

I cannot decide... Friend of mine has Digitech GNX 1, and it sounds VERY good, but V-Amp is... well... V-Amp!

I need your opinions ASAP, cause the gigs start next week...

Thank you in advance.

mullmuzzler OSSMT

Hey I used to have an FCB1010 foot board and now I have a GNX3. I was using the FCB1010 to control a non Behringer product, and while the board is very flexible, I found it cumbersome to program.

Then Gnx3 is pretty cool and I think it sounds great. The interface for adjusting the effects parameters is kinda goofy, but once you get used to it, it's not too bad.

I know the Gnx4 is out now and I believe it has USB capablility for the recording end of things. This is a big upgrade from the smartmedia card in the gnx3.

I'm not at all famililar with the v-amp 2 but I have been very happy with my gnx3, and it is easier to program IMHO than the fcb 1010

I own a GNX4 and I am telling you that it blows the v-amp out of the water. A friend of mine has a GNX3 which is also a great peice of equipment but the GNX4 just has so much more that in my opinion it's the best multi-effects pedal on the market.

I own a GNX4 and I am telling you that it blows the v-amp out of the water

Come on, is that big difference?! I don't believe... V-Amp Pro has much more output options, in the end it is a rackmount device (recording purposes)... Just dunno...

Anyone else?

Are there any gigging players that have some expirience with these two products?

mullmuzzler | OSSMT

I have a Behringer FCB1010 foot board that I never use. It's about a year old and I decided soon after unpacking it that I don't like digital effects units and midi foot controllers. I'd be willing to sell it to you for a very reasonable price. It has 2 expression pedals and 10 banks of 10 presets(100 presets).

Boss GT-8 or GT-6. Nothing else comes close to Roland quality.

I've been gigging with my GT-3 for five years. Another friend of mine has been gigging with his GT-6 on tour for four years. Compare that to another friend who has gone through two Digitechs in three years. Bad switches and unreliable electronics. I know which one I'd buy.