Golden Ash, Anyone Used It?

I have the opportunity to get a large quantity of golden ash planks, but I was wondering if anyone here has ever used it as opposed to other varieties.

I have spent ages searching the net and come up with nothing guitar wise.

Thanks.

I'm not real familiar with the term Golden Ash, but I do know that Northern Hard Ash and Swamp Ash both have been used to build guitars. I prefer the lightweight Swamp Ash for it's tone and lightness. Northern Ash tends to be real heavy, but can be hollowed out some like Fender did in '72 with the Thinline Tele, since Swamp Ash was harder to get at times. Not sure about the Golden Ash though.

I'm not real familiar with the term Golden Ash, but I do know that Northern Hard Ash and Swamp Ash both have been used to build guitars. 

The varieties that I know of are Golden, Silver, Swamp, Northern.

Here is a stup of "Golden Ash" that I have here and want to get milled.

As you can tell from te size, it's a very old tree from the house where I grew up, so it would be interesting to have a guitar made from a tree I used to climb while I was a Kid. (I'm getting close to 30 now)

wood23july2005.jpg

wood23july2005b.jpg

I'm sure its very suitable for making a guitar with, Golden, silver etc are just sort of common names for specific species of tree and i wouldn't pay much attention to it. Its ASH! I would get it sawn and re-sawn into suitable planks and see whats what, then check the weight. Nice to have a guitar made from a tree you used to climb. Kinda romantic! :D

Hey, if you got any extra, make a couple of baseball bats. Ash is a great baseball bat wood.

I've also heard that hard ash makes pretty good necks, as its very similar to hard maple (heard this from Tommy Rosamand at USA Custom Guitars). You've got a couple good uses right there, because most of that looks like it will not be usable for bodies.