What Kinda Guitar Is This !?!?

Email yamaha the model number and the picture. You may need to email them every week to catch their attention, however, they will eventually give you the bluebook value and name.

-Jamie

Is it just my eyes or is that missing the neck PU?

it's missing in that pic, i have now put it back, and replaced the bridge pick up with one i got off ebay.

i have one active pickup (the yamaha) and one thats not. i don't know if it really works that way, but i get sound out of both of them, and it does the job.

it has nothing on it.  the only thing that holds a name or anything is the pickups, and the just say yamaha.

Then it may not ba a Yamaha....... My 603s has two seperate "straps" that the neck bolts through, one says Yamaha, The other Super playability joint system, on the back of the head is my serial number.

sure looks like an rgx model when they were trying to find an answer to the ibanez craze

The head looks like mine,(what I can see) the reliefs in the cutaways also. My pickups are different, How about a couple more pics, the head and back too,(on a lighter background)

We will figure it out :D

The RGX 421, thats what you think it is ??

Well, I'm certain that it's a RGX 421 neck. I'm not exactly sure what the body is, since they didn't have those kind of body contours near the horns, nor that many holes for controls.

The only pick of an RGX 421 with the same 12th fret inlay I could find:

http://www.rafzielak.za.pl/sprzedam-kupie/...a_RGX421-PF.jpg

EDIT: changed to adhere to the board policy. The image is under the size limit, but it's not on my server.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

Edited by GodBlessTexas

The RGX 421, thats what you think it is ??

Well, I'm certain that it's a RGX 421 neck. I'm not exactly sure what the body is, since they didn't have those kind of body contours near the horns, nor that many holes for controls.

The only pick of an RGX 421 with the same 12th fret inlay I could find:

http://www.rafzielak.za.pl/sprzedam-kupie/...a_RGX421-PF.jpg

EDIT: changed to adhere to the board policy. The image is under the size limit, but it's not on my server.

My serial number is on the back of the head but it is light, his could be filled with paint , or maybe even sanded off.....

I'm thinking it might be an RGX 112.  Look at this link.

The 12 fret inlay has me stumped though.  Need more research .. lol

That looks like it, and the extra holes are because, it had built in effects. but the reason i got the guitar was beacsue it was droped and broken, and the effect boards got crushed, and the switches broke off. so i re wired it with only a vol.

But thats the Guitar, 100%

the only thing is.. this guitar came with active pickups, and built in effects. thats what all the extra holes are for. i think it had 1 vol. 2 tone. 1 pick up select. and 3 effects. auto wha, over drive and chorus i think. and the inlay, so it can't be that guitar. but close. i think it was a costom RGX 112, because the body is the same, and the head is the same. same to a T. i wish now i would have looked a bit harder before i did all the work on it. but i'm almost 100% sure it didn't have any markings on it at all. all i know is it was pink, and had yamaha pickups.

:D

I'm thinking it might be an RGX 112.  Look at this link.

The 12 fret inlay has me stumped though.  Need more research .. lol

I believe you are the winner. Nicely done.

The tremelo looks different more like the

RGX-312

Edited by jamesj