CAD printing

It could be that you have not got your units set correctly. The drawings on the guitar build site which is in Europe are probably in metric: 1 inch = 25.4 mm so depending on your CAD settings you could end up with a drawing 25 times smaller or larger!

I use TurboCad (they have a Learning addition available for free and a cut down version 6.5 for free as well)I follow this procedure when I have the problem you are experiencing:

1) Load the drawing and measure the scale length displayed.

2) Then scale the drawing up or down to fit the scale length as designed.

3) then print the drawing with a 1:1 scale

Is there no scale option in your CAD package in the print options?

Keith

HI. I use volo view and I just inlarge the image until its the desired size I don't use the full size drawings, well some times i do but the I just measure a single fret on the screen and compear it to one of the same scale length :D . I don't know If this will help....

thanks keith, i set to cm and it was the correct size.

sorry to be a pain in the ass, but i have another problem.

now its the correct size it is obviously bigger than one A4 sheet of paper. i cant work out how to get the whole image to print accross multiple sheets so i can stick them togather to make a full sized plan.

thanks for your time

If you need to take it to a print shop the output format to use is either DXF interchange format from AutoCad or the DWG Autocad format which seems to be an interchange format as well these days.

I also use TurboCad with great success. I have both the free ver6.5 and the Learning edition. 6.5 is a very cut down version. Get the LE if you want to do any design work. I recently completed an ES335 drawing which is on guitarbuild.com

Keith