Recommendations - Houston Area

I recently got my guitar put together of a Warmoth Body and Neck, but I am having a devil of a time getting the intonation setup and so the strings don't buzz.

I just don't have the time to devote to doing this properly myself. So can anyone give some recommendations for a good person to contact in the Houston, texas area to provide this service to my guitar?

Of course I want the all important balance of good service at a resonable price! :D

Thanks!

You could try Rockin' Robin at Shepherd and Highway 59 - it's on the west side of town a bit inside the 610 loop. I've bought a bunch of stuff from 'em and had them do some work on my guitars and I've always been happy with them. You should go check out the store even if that's not where you end up taking your guitar to get worked on :D.

You could try Rockin' Robin at Shepherd and Highway 59 - it's on the west side of town a bit inside the 610 loop. I've bought a bunch of stuff from 'em and had them do some work on my guitars and I've always been happy with them. You should go check out the store even if that's not where you end up taking your guitar to get worked on :D.

Oh yeah.. I am real familar with Rockin Robin. I will give them a try. Thanks!

if you feel like a road trip you could always bring it to me in wimberley..a mere three hours from katy. :D

if you feel like a road trip you could always bring it to me in wimberley..a mere three hours from katy. :D

i never noticed you were in wimberly.i know a guy who lives there.(brandon walls)

matter of fact he tried to get me to go by a shop there in wimberly a while back where he said a guy builds guitars...that's got to be you,doesn't it?i can't imagine there being two music shops there.

i never noticed you were in wimberly.i know a guy who lives there.(brandon walls)

matter of fact he tried to get me to go by a shop there in wimberly a while back where he said a guy builds guitars...that's got to be you,doesn't it?i can't imagine there being two music shops there.

there are two retail stores here.. mine and a vintage store. but neither has been for sale. there are a couple of well know luthiers here..maybe he was talking about that.

if you ever find yourself up here give me a shout and i'll buy you a beer.

but neither has been for sale.

not buy..by...as in stop in to see the hand built guitars.

yeah i was up there weekend before last at a kegger at that dude's house.

oops..my bad..missed that one. then yes, he must have been talking about my shop and the offer still stands..'course next time there's a kegger i probably ought to get an invite. :D

but neither has been for sale.

not buy..by...as in stop in to see the hand built guitars.

yeah i was up there weekend before last at a kegger at that dude's house.

oops..my bad..missed that one. then yes, he must have been talking about my shop and the offer still stands..'course next time there's a kegger i probably ought to get an invite. :D

you bet...i'll just walk in and say"duuuuude...where dat unca j fella at?"

The big Guitar Center on Westheimer has contacts for guitar techs / luthiers.  I haven't used them so can't recommend them.

I have. They used to outsource all work like that the last time I had them do it, but that was quite a while back. When I got the guitar back, I was happy with the job, though now I do my own work.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...