The New Impaler!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok now Im thinking about the Inlay im changeing the inlay from A pentagram To blood drops im going to stager them in placement and size along the fret board also no more Bat at the botom of the fretboard! now where doing tribal inlay and it's going to be at the botom of the fret board in blood red as well :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

how about sharp Z inlays in a similar shape to the body?

what'd really be cool is a bloodwood (or another red grained wood) for the fretboard and use black inlays

i dont like the idea of the blooddrops unless they really have a evil splattery look to em. the ones im visualizing are like teardrops but i think im just imagining it wrong, lol

keep up the good work

Ok now Im thinking about the Inlay im changeing the inlay from A pentagram To blood drops im going to stager them in placement and size along the fret board also no more Bat at the botom of the fretboard! now where doing tribal inlay and it's going to be at the botom of the fret board in blood red as well B)

I'm having a hard time envisioning drops, blood looks creepy as splatters, smears, pools and most often on top of a very light colored background (most often white in movies) but drops.. :D

With a paint job like that (which is awesome, BTW), I think inlays of any sort would just be way, way, way too busy!

The only thing I can picture are small dots, in a red color matching the body.

But that's just me.

Well I may go that way to But I allready have the Large Blood drop at the 12th

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ZAD...RS/IMGP2835.jpg

Matt,

I agree with RAI6, (IMHO) I think that an elaborate inlay would just take away from what is already there. The randomly stagered blood dots would accent the whole astetic look and feel. Great work, I am especially excited with this project as I am a huge fan of guitar murals as they are true insite to self expression of the builder.

I think that an elaborate inlay would just take away from what is already there. 

I disagree. I think the visual characteristics of this guitar are already over the top, and why stop there? It wont take away from it, just add to it. This thing screams "***, Thats a guitar?!" so the fretboard, like the body, paint, neck, headstock, etc. should all be wild

The problem with that Is LACK OF TIME!! trust me the fretboard will work out deadly! :D

The problem with that Is LACK OF TIME!!  trust me the fretboard will work out deadly! :D

Although i'm not really a fan of the guitar shape, I have to say after following this thread from day 1 i'm really impressed on the build, and I think its just great to see two guy's from this forum collaborating - I hope you'll be entering this for GOTM.

I think it would be great to see some more collaborations!

OH MY GOD!! this thing is so Dam sweet! it's just about done

Oh and we reworked the Inlay It's really flows with the guitar now :D

I think the fretboard is fine, after inlays and putting on all the hardware it will look killer I'm sure. That fretboard has a great grain pattern, almost perfect. I can't wait to see this thing all setup, I bet it's going to be epic. Keep it up Matt, I just can't wait to see a before and after of the impalers, B.J. old impaler, and A.J. new impaler! The first one was cool enough, but now this one is just amazing. Good stuff man, hit us with an update of some pics when you can. Jason

Dude,

You know you can't make a post like that and not give us any pictures 

All in good time!! The guitar will be done today! :D

Ok the guitar Is done!! well for the most part! we ran out of time So i'll have to do A bit of finish work when I get back home but that's cool

To do list!

1.rewire the thing And find out why I cant get the V-tone or pickup working right

2.Make my cavity covers

3.wait for the Hipshot bridge so I can do my final setup

4 And A few small things

But all in all she's done And DAM it's DEADLY!!!

Well I think the Pic's Are also going to have to wait untill I get home! :D

Weeew, that thing turned out sweet!! :D

I really like the beveled edge on the fretboard too, makes it look great. And those inlays turned out cool, reminds me of one on a project here recently, I don't remember who or what maybe an ironbird or something, similar but very cool. I really like that style of inlay. Good stuff Matt! I bet you are stoked. Later, post better pics when you guys get a chance.