Katrina Raffle Help

Hey guys, I have an offer that I need some help from.

I would like to do a raffle.

I want to give away one of my Usa Jackson's as a raffle prize and 100% of the proceeds will go to the Katrina Relief fund to the Red Cross. Every penny, I am willing to loose my cost and donate the guitar as the raffle prize. Its an on the level raffle.

Can you help me out with this on the forum as an official raffle?

I am contacting other forums as well as my local authorities so its a sanctioned deal and no one thinks its an attempt for me to profit from it.

I just really want to help more than we already have here.

And sure I could donate the money that the guitar would normally sell for but that's not nearly as much as we may be able to get together on and get donated by our brother musicians.

The Prize will not be a cheap and cheesy import, it will be a Usa Jackson, new with warranty and all.

Please let me know what you think about this and how we can go about it.

Thanks much!

Scott

Vwall_newblue_sm.jpg

It sounds Like A Great Idea!! One that I would take part in! as to how to go about it you could have A list of tickets with it's own number on it and when some one buy a ticket you add there number to a pot and when all is said and done and there are no more tickets left you do a draw to see who win's!

you could do the draw in 4 parts

1 draw 12 numbers

2 draw 6 numbers

3 draw 3 numbers

4 and last is the winer

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I like the idea!

Also, I want the drawer to be an outside source so there are no concerns for foul play.

We really need to pull together and help these people.

Its not something that's gonna go away in a few weeks and we'll forget about it.

Peoples lives have been destroyed permanently and there will be the need for continuing and on going support.

I myself and a VERY VERY small shop and I want to help- but I need the help of others to make it happens.

Forget about creed, religion and crap. These are people that are devastated and will be for a very long time.We all reached out to the tsunami aid and now we need to reach out to our American brothers who are in dire straights.

I personally cant really afford to give away a guitar but I happen to be in a situation where I have the ability to do so. I'm not rich because I'm a small guitar, internet shop dealer, in fact I likely make less than minimum wage on a given year but we need to support the ones in need...

So I challenge the rest of you out there to participate in this event.

Let us not turn our backs on the wayfarer, the lost and the lonely.

We have hurting people with needs and that's what need to open out hearts to.

Me offering a guitar is my way of trying to take something and turn it into a great deal more while offering an incentive to you generous people.

You don't have to like the guitar so if you are the winner, sell it if you want.

Just help!

Vwall_newblue_sm.jpg

sounds good to me...if you want,just get with kevan or brian(i think brian may be busy,i have not heard from him in a while...)

but email kevan and you guys work out the details,then get it started and we can pin it

things you need to get set in stone as quick as you can

1( price of the raffle tickets and where to send it...i would think setting up a paypal account would be the way to go...possibly your own,vwall...just so long as the guys purchasing the tickets know to include the word "raffle" in the message

2) duration....how long is it going to be open...it needs to be long enough to allow the money to build up,but not too long.

3) how many tickets can each person buy?i think you should make it unlimited...this allows the money to build up quicker...that way if the raffle tickets were for example $10,and someone had $100 to spare,then they could purchase 10 tickets

and We have 628 registered users over on the Moser Custom Shop Shredder Forum I could ask around there and see if the guy's would Like to take part in this!

EDIT Ok I just posted A mesage on the shredder http://mcs.acidpit.org/viewtopic.php?p=104837#104837

Let's see what happens! :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D