What Does The Bad Horsie Sound Like?

Nitefly SA

Three things make the Horsie Wah the best wah in my opinion:

1. It is switched on by only placing the foot on it, which makes it way easier to use for short prhases, bends, etc. in solos....way easier then hitting a switch first

2. It has no pot, but works optically which makes it invulnerable....should last forever....

3. It sounds aboslutely GREAT for playing solos with high gain

It never owned a Cry Baby so I cannot comment on the differences, but I suspect the Cry Baby might sound better for clean funk rythm work....but for soloing the Bad Horsie sounds killer....

Or you could get an Ibanez Weeping Demon,

Its got everything guitarmaestro described, plus its got a Volume boost/cut control, a footswitch if you want to use that instead, an effect intensity control, a low end control, a frequency range shifter for basses or a heavy guitar sound, a range fine tuner, and a delay controller for the auto switching. And if I'm not mistaken it retails cheaper than a bad horsie. They take a bit to get set up how you like, but the tone is totally adjustable.

i heard the weeping demon doesnt have much of a range, and i heard the same about the bad horsie 2, this its more of a treble boost than a wah.

OMG!! You pick its range pretty much!

And if a treble boost is what you're after(if I undestand that correctly) thats the main thing I use mine for, get it set up right and you can have screaming leads with sustain beating you in the face.

The Weeping demon has only 2 draw backs I can find,

Dosen't sound how you want it STRAIGHT out of the box,

And it has a tendency to clip on the upper frets when playing "ultra" clean.

I can't see why people dont ever give them a shot, I hope it aint anymore of this "but it's imported" rubbish.

i heard the weeping demon doesnt have much of a range, and i heard the same about the bad horsie 2, this its more of a treble boost than a wah.

check out the ibanez website.

after seeing what adjustments can be made im sold.

alex youre in nz right, what did you pay for your one? and where from?

alex youre in nz right, what did you pay for your one? and where from?

I got mine from musiciansfriend for $138nz cos i know some armeys who have family over there. But they're $300nz at musicworks stores I believe, Would be cheaper for me cos I'm in their good books at my local one(jus give 'em a 6er and your set for discounts :D ).