Spaltosaurous

Drak

I didn't have some cool grand plan to fill those areas in with blue epoxy, it was just more like 'I gotta do something to save this, I'm not throwing this thing away', so I just came up with the dyed epoxy thing, it was the 'accident of nature/necessity is the mother of invention' kinda thing here...

Gorecki, you reading this?  :D

http://files.photojerk.com/Drak/Spaltosaurous/Mockup-3.jpg

Of course! :D

I guess it's due that I make a public apology to all of those that may suffer from the lack of exposure to works destined for WODification by our extensively talented and completely capable self critic Drak.

So, if you guys need someone to beat up, pitch fork or just call nasty names…PM me and get if off your chest because I will take full responsibility for putting Drak in the position of defending his honor and intellect.

Once again, I apologize!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drak,

I find all of your truly inspirational.

____

Thanks! It's just a hobby. :D

____

There are a few members here that really make me strive to push what I think I am capable of and you are one of them.

____

As long as you keep pushing yourself and don't settle for crap, you're doing great!

Crap is good, I have made a truckload of crap, but I don't strap up and play any crap I may have happened to make along the way. Those were for learning, not playing. B)

____

As always this project is breath taking. Please continue to create and inspire.

____

Can't take any credit for that one. It's just some inner drive that makes me do these things, maybe I was a lute maker 100's of years ago and couldn't wait for 'lectricity to be born, dunno...but there is definitely something inside me that makes me do these things, I just show up and answer the call. :D

dooooooode, I wuz jez funnin' wid ya.

I'll stop now and go back to being serious forever. 

:D  :D  B)

Please, a 100% serious Drak? I don't want to even imagine it!

I knew you're funnin but I really believe I voiced too much openly and wrongfully so anyone that feels they need to toss some produce, I'm the one with the bullseye stuck to the forehead. That simple, nothing more.

Just keep on rockin the router and keeping Crazy (CA) Glue in business! :D

I decided to never show pics of guitars in progress again, you guys get all weirded out about it if something happens, so I'm just posting ones I know are out of the WOD range

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Think of all the learning opportunities for us grasshoppers that will be foregone. Some lessons in life are hard, but need to be learned just the same. Reconsider Baby! (Not getting personal, Drak - just listening to Freddie King as I write this :D ).

That spalted top is really sick. I likey this one mucho. :D Having a hard time picturing hardware though. Does a top that soft affect the tone, even after the CA flood?

Think of all the learning opportunities for us grasshoppers that will be foregone. Some lessons in life are hard, but need to be learned just the same.

Nah, too many people start to wig out if I sh*tcan it, it's happened before. I don't understand it myself, but I don't like all the bs that swirls in the aftermath of a project that was WOD'd.

That spalted top is really sick. I likey this one mucho. biggrin.gif Having a hard time picturing hardware though. Does a top that soft affect the tone, even after the CA flood?

This is actually a good question. Spalt has nothing positive in the way of tone, it is a veritable 'black hole' for tone, it sucks it up rather than adding anything to it, so I purposely keep the spalt to about 1/8" or so, so it can't have much impact on the overall tone of the Alder underneath.

I'm thinking all black hardware actually, don't really know yet. I never use chrome or nickel, so it's either gold or black.

That can be dressed up in cool ways, too - it reminds me of a little box my aunt gave me - its top is mesquite burl and the holes are filled with clear epoxy with lapis and turquoise chips in it. I keep things in it on my desk:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/jnewman606/box.jpg

That is a very nice box! Very marblish! So now the question is what's in the box dude? :D

Looks like a weed box to me.  :D  :D  B)

Heh, nothing that interesting... keys that don't fit on my keychain and cards that don't fit in my wallet.

I don't think I've seen many of your bodies after being assembled into full guitars, and I'd really like to - are you going to put up pictures of the whole shebang? (I looked back at recent threads you've started in "In Progress/Finished" and didn't see any). I'd really be interested to see how they end up looking!