Picture On A Guitar Body

theforgotten

They have large format printers, that can print something large enough to cover your body. You would then glue that printout to your guitar, and clear over it.

As far as the stuff you've found online, most likely won't be "good" enough for such a large print. It should be around 300 dpi at the full size you would print it. Screen images are 72 dpi, and way too small to cover your guitar.

But I'm assuming you're talking about a full-body graphic.

It's possible to use the online pics, if you only want a small pic somewhere on the body...

But still, the final resolution needs to be 300 dpi at it's full size.

Any decent signwriter will be able to get digitally printed vinyl. This can be laminated with clear vinyl(they'lll probably do that for you too as it's tricky), wrapped onto the guitar (with a LITTLE heat and careful forming) and then cleared over - I clear (2pk car paint) over this stuff on bikes all the time but never tried to form to a guitar (new to this one)

Make sure you laminate clear vinyl over it first though or the solvent in the laquer will liquidise the ink into a mush!

Well, I can help with the resolution stuff...

Anything you pull off the web is going to be 72 dpi.

How large is the actual image?

Photoshop can tell you that, but if you don't have that...

An easy way to find out is to simply place the image into a Word document (or any page layout program), and you will see it's true size.

And, basically, for a 72 dpi image to look "good", it has to be used at around 25% of it's original size. That would make a 4"x6" image only about 1"x1.5".

Not very big.....

if you're just planning on buying the wallpaper and putting it on the guitar go to the tutorial section on this site and find the fabric finish tutorial..do the same thing with the wallpaper.

Thanks RAI6!I have big expirience with photoshop.I think that i'll handle with the dpis.Thanks unclej i'll see what can I learn.marksound it's a computer desktop but it's a wallpaper with the portrait of a sad child made with charcoal.Thanks!

If I was made of charcoal I'd be sad, too! :D

Why not put it on a disc and take it to Kinko's? You never know how it will look blown up until you blow it up.

Thanks RAI6!I have big expirience with photoshop.I think that i'll handle with the dpis.Thanks unclej i'll see what can I learn.marksound it's a computer desktop but it's a wallpaper with the portrait of a sad child made with charcoal.Thanks!

oops..my bad..i thought everyone else was missing the point and you wanted to purchase actual wallpaper..the kind you hang on a wall. that's what happens when you're old and feeble like me.. :D