Digitech Xp100 Whammy Pedal

LGM Guitars

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I got it on Tuesday, but couldn't find any of my patch cables. So, I went and bought a new cable on Wednesday, only to hear it distort badly last night, so I assumed it was my old cable. So, today I went and bought another new cable and the problem was still there.

Unfortunately this one is broken. I first thought it was my cables, so I bought new ones and still no dice. The pedal assembly was wobbly, so I took off the back plate and tightened the screws down that hold the pedal in place. It still didn't fix anything, but it turns out the mini-pot for the Input Level is busted, as in the backing board is shattered and the pot goes more than 360 degrees, sometimes going more than 720 and sometimes less, and there's a lot of gain on the signal because of it. The clip light lights up anytime the signal light does. It sounds horrible.

Jeremy, I sent you more info via PM. I was really looking forward to this. The package didn't look bad at all, and the pedal was padded well. I'm not sure when it happened, and I'm not sure what to do about it.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

Just sent you a PM back.

All I can think of is the adapter in the box hit the pot you said you found broken.

I tried the pedal before shipping and it worked fine, in PM I offered to refund the money or refund 50% if it could be fixed.

Wish you'd kept the whole thing in PM though, don't want anyone thinking I sent you a broken pedal. I promise you that it worked before shipping.

Either way, I'm not going to leave you hanging on this.

Jeremy

GodBlessTexas- Your post on 10.19.05 is incredibly inappropriate, not only for our forum but online in general.

If there are issues with a deal you've made, you should always try to handle it in private (via PM or email) ***FIRST***.

If a resolution to the issue can not be met that way, only then should you consider posting on a public forum.

Even then, it's something to seriously think about; I've seen it bite a few guys in the backside.

I'm only leaving this up here as an example of what not to do.

Kevan, I did make an attempt to do it first via PM, though my concern was that he wouldn't get notified of my PM. That's not an excuse, as I realized I could have handled it better the next morning, and the reason for my post on the morning of the 21st. I take full responsibility for the mess this apparently became in the public perception.

Again, my intent was never to make anyone think badly of Jeremy. My only intent was to get his eyes on the problem, and I assumed he'd get an e-mail notice of a response to his thread. I wasn't sure if there was any insurance on the shipment, but it doesn't appear that was the case. I certainly didn't think Jeremy sent me something non-working. Either way, Jeremy went above and beyond the call of duty to make things right, going so far as to offer to return my money back immediately, though I don't think that's fair to him. The item was well packed and in decent phyiscal shape when I got it. Apparently the postal system just did its worst on the package. I do not believe he was ever at fault, so the only option left is for me to suck it up and attempt to repair the pedal if I can just find the right vertical mount pot. I'm getting closer.

Jeremy, I want to publicly appologize to you, as I never thought it would get taken the way it has/was. That was never my intent.

Joseph/GBT