7-string Floyd Rose Licensed Tremolo

Hey all, before I post this question, I just want to say that I have done a lot of research on this, and I have used the search function.

Now, Warmoth sells a licenced Floyd Rose 7 string tremolo and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this particular unit. I know a lot of the licensed ones are sub par, and I was just wondering if any one knew if the quality was up to par? I'd love to build a seven string, but finding a decently priced 7 string floyd rose is actually much more of a challange than I had first anticipated. Anyways, I'm rambling. If anyone knows if the quality is good, or if there is another somewhat affordable option, I would be terribly grateful. If not, it looks like I'll be building a 6 string with the Schaller they sell.

As I posted in Jeremy's thread, Warmoth told me the unit they sell (7 string trem) that you speak of is a Schaller, and their quality is right up their with an OFR-7 and LoPro Edge-7. Never actually used that particular unit though.

I would check with Warmoth if their model is actually a Schaller unit. Too many cheap Chinese knock-off models floating around.

I also ordered my OFR-7 unit from guitarpartsdepot.com. Great unit and nothing beats seeing the Floyd Rose name on the unit.

Warmoth: 7FRC - $160

GPD: FRO-TS-7 - $170

I would check with Warmoth if their model is actually a Schaller unit. Too many cheap Chinese knock-off models floating around.

I did check with Warmoth. They said it was a Schaller.

I don't know. You'd think if it were that would be a selling point. All I'm saying is, I asked the guy and he said Schaller. I remember this because I got all excited when he told me. "Schaller!!" Because I thought it was a Gotoh, I assumed that beforehand. Don't ask me why.

You'd think if it were that would be a selling point.

That's what I was thinking.......Like if it were a Schaller unit, they would have stated it on their website, as they state it with their 6 stringer Schaller FR type bridges.

So that's makes me doubt the Warmoth employee statement.

All I'm saying is, I asked the guy and he said Schaller. I remember this because I got all excited when he told me. "Schaller!!" Because I thought it was a Gotoh, I assumed that beforehand. Don't ask me why.

I'm not so much questioning you. I believe you when you say so. I just don't believe the Warmoth employee.

Still, to me....nothing beats seeing the OFR name on the bridge. I'm not saying they're the best FR bridges....that's whole different discussion. Just saying you can say it's an original. And in world of cheap Asian knock-off.....that's something to be said for.

And not to come across as a dumb-ass.......I believe the Schaller unit and the OFR unit are both produced at the same German Schaller factory. My OFR box states made in Germany and I recollect someone saying the OFR units being produced at the Schaller factory.

Edited by RGGR