Proving A Point

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well Im back from the ashes!!!! I realize I havent updated this page in FOREVER, but there isnt anything to update, I have been extremely busy with work and college so I have had very little time to work on the neck, as it stands right now, its been on my shelf since december, kinda sucks but what can ya do? luckily I get about 2 weeks off of school in about a month so Im going to put some serious time into it then!

i've been making a neck now since september.i was pretty scared,but as long as your take your time it seems to work lol

there has never been any proper tutorials on this,so i was stuck,so i started to file away a small section,and slowly made a comfortable curve radious.i then made a template from that and 5 months later the neck curve is finished and even

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/mads...rs/DSCF0031.jpg

thats a rough job so far

and heres the neck full,i spent i good month making the headstock,but since then i've bought parts to make a headless lol

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/mads...rs/DSCF0030.jpg

so have you been copying/profiling this neck from another neck?as its my first neck i've been copying some of the heel contours from my p-bass

• 3 months later...

again I try and bring this thread back from the dead, I have done a little more work on the neck since feb. its ready for shaping, I will post pic's again VERY soon, as Im getting a new camera (i dont like having to borrow my cousins all the time) rest assured though guys, Im not dead and this neck aint either!