Need Ideas

My friend recently came to me and gave me a guitar that had been stripped of some of the parts (bridge, saddles, tuners, ect.), and told me I could have it. I told him I need as much practice finishing as I can, so I would strip the rest of the hardware, sand it down, and give it back to him with a new finish. Im tryin to think of some inspiration for a neat design using duplicolor rattle cans (cheaper is better). So if anyone has some pictures of killer opaque paint finishes (no translucent dyes due to the fact that it it an epiphone les paul junior... and yes... it is actually made out of laminate plywood). Thanks in advance,

- Louis

I would do somethin crazy like that, but sorry, i dont have an airbrush. I was thinkin of an EVH type thing, but they're kind of boring in my opinion. I wanna do somethin with an actual design. If I were to hand paint the guitar, what would be the best thing to use keeping in mind I intend on laquering over it. Is testors model paint the best way to go you think?

-Louis

EDIT - by actual design, i mean like a picture of somethin, sunrise, moons, whatever... didnt mean to offend anyone saying the EVH guitars arent designs, cuz they are, and thats what I will end up doing most likely if i cant think of anything

Edited by Ledzendrix1128

What about a black widow hourglass red on black?   Just an idea

I like that idea, no joke i might actually use that. I know this girl at school whose into art, i suggested a red body bursted to black around the edge. Maybe on the back i can do the black widow hour glass to keep things interesting.

EDIT: or possibly a black widow hour glass burst? on the back? :D

Edited by Ledzendrix1128