Warmoth Vs. Might Mite

This is kind of the second part to my first question regarding the quality and fit of Warmoth's neck's to their bodies. check it here:

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...topic=20163&hl=

Okay, so first, in general how are Mighty Mite's products? I'm looking for a bass body and neck. Do they have a good reputation for making poroducts that fit together snuggly as purchased, or should I expect extra work? How are they compared to Warmoth, which people on here seem to regard as high quality?

Additionally, why are all of Mighty Mite's replacement bass bodies made out of Maple?? This seems really weird to me, that they would offer ONLY maple, and not Ash or Alder or anything. Anyone else agree? Is there something i'm missing? Do Maple-body basses kick serious ass that I am unaware of?

thanks

I had a Mighty Mite strat neck and wasn't too impressed; constantly fighting the intonation. I replaced it with a Carvin strat neck and all my problems were instantly solved.

I haven't tried Warmoth, but hear good things about them all the time.

If you haven't considered Carvin yet, check them out:

http://www.carvin.com/products/group.php?CID=BKBN

Good luck!

I have 3 guitars with Mighty Mite necks and another in progress. I've never used a MM body. I've never used a Warmoth neck, but I did have a Warmoth body years ago that I never got around to using. :D

The Mighty Mite necks I've bought have all had issues with buzzing on the high E, first fret. I replaced the nuts with graphite and Tusq units (from Universal Jems/AllParts) and no more problems. The fret ends can use a little smoothing, but other than that they're great. I've saved $50 plus on each one, so the wife is happy too. :D

mm bodies and necks are okay. the body that i had had a decent finish, but not as nice as warmoth's. the neck pocket was a little loose with the mm neck. the warmoth body and neck fit as they should; nice and tight.

mm necks are a decent deal if you find them cheap enough (they can be had for $70ish) and can dress frets and file nut slots. i can say that the mm guitar that i had sounded amazing; heavy ash will do that, i guess!

Mighty Mite is generally Korean product. So the necks will be along the same quality and consistency level as Korean Ibanez, Fender, and others. As with most Asian factory product, some are great and some are duds, with most falling in between. But you know, Warmoth doesn't level their frets either, so you're going to have some work regardless.

The reason they use Soft Maple is because they have a good supply of it and it's cheap for them. Lots of the Korean factory guitars from there are Soft Maple, too. But they offer Ash too, and some figured tops. The Stew Mac bodies and necks are Mighty Mite now, so they must think they're okay. But I'll bet Stew Mac inspects them, and they're more likely to take the return if you get a bad one, vs. some other online retailers and auctioners.

Mighty Mite is generally Korean product. So the necks will be along the same quality and consistency level as Korean Ibanez, Fender, and others. As with most Asian factory product, some are great and some are duds, with most falling in between. But you know, Warmoth doesn't level their frets either, so you're going to have some work regardless.

The reason they use Soft Maple is because they have a good supply of it and it's cheap for them. Lots of the Korean factory guitars from there are Soft Maple, too. But they offer Ash too, and some figured tops. The Stew Mac bodies and necks are Mighty Mite now, so they must think they're okay. But I'll bet Stew Mac inspects them, and they're more likely to take the return if you get a bad one, vs. some other online retailers and auctioners.

ahhhh.......thanks for the description. I kept thinking it was standard neck maple, and I was thinking that would be afwully bright for a bass.