Active Pots/ Digipots

PunchinPreacher

:D What exactly is an active pot? Pots are pretty much intrinsically passive by definition. Perhaps they're using digital encoders instead of pots to drive a digital gain control chip?

I saw a schematic online somewhere... looked like it had a Vin and Vout as well as the normal in and out for the pot....

I'm thinking that it needs power to do its variable resistance thing?

B):D:D

if they have a similar resistive strip in them then you could always scrape away some of the resistive material per R.G. Keen's article at geofex the secret life of pots.

perhaps in the electronics section that should be required reading. anyone want to make that a pinned subject.

I saw a schematic online somewhere... looked like it had a Vin and Vout as well as the normal in and out for the pot....
Cool - how 'bout linkin' the rest of us to it so we can see what you're talking about? :D

Will do my bro, but I'm heading out on a weekend retreat with the school right now, so I'll update you guys on monday.

Thanks, & be blessed!

PP :D