Carvin Amplifiers?

ODavidIsCoolO

Hey i am looking for a new amp hopefully tube but if it is not much of a sound difference then i dont mind. I am not a tone freak and i do not play with crazy high distortion i play just like a heavy crunch sound. Now i am wondering if anyone has tried the solid state series carvin half stack Cause that is more in my price range or the carvin tube half stack cause i could afford that if it was a big difference in sound. I just want anyone who has those amps just to tell me how they like them or tell me of another amp that is really good under $1000 (i am looking for a half stack around 100w)

Thanks

I love my Carvin Valvemaster 100 head. I bought it used and found some scratchy pots and the lead channel wasn't amazing, but after taking care of the pots and cleaning all of the contacts on the tubes as well as replacing one microphonic tube(realize, this amp was several years old when I got it, so this doesn't apply to their new amps), I have an amp that's got an amazing clean channel and a good distortion channel. The distortion is nothing like you'd get with a mesa, but I prefer my VisualSound distortion/overdrive pedal anyhow. The clean channel is just something else. It's got a great acoustic quality to it, but it respons really well to effects.

peace,

russ

What is its distortion comparable to Maiden? I really wanted to give one go since I am in the market, but the only guy that sold them here in Aus that I got in touch with was in a different state... so that kinda sucked.

How saturated is the disotrtion? Is it more from the recto school or the marshall?

Thanks dude :D

- Dan

Thanks for the Jam Room link! Man that MTS series 212 Combo is looking so tempting, especially at that price (I can get it for $1900 delivered here in Aus.). Problem is, I don't know of anywhere locally (or even in my state) that sells them, so I can't try one first :D

One one hand I would be hard pressed to shell out so much for something I have never tried... but on the other, I don't want to spend $500 more on a 50w ENGL only to miss out on the carvin which could be equally as good for my taste. The Carvin platinum warranty looks like a great deal too, which I will DEFINITELY be purchasing after all the pain with my current amp.

Hmmm :D

Thanks for the Jam Room link!  Man that MTS series 212 Combo is looking so tempting, especially at that price (I can get it for $1900 delivered here in Aus.).  Problem is, I don't know of anywhere locally (or even in my state) that sells them, so I can't try one first :D

That's the only real problem with Carvin. They're direct sale only, so there are no stores or demo places outside of their CA locations. But their stuff is top notch.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

Thanks for the Jam Room link!  Man that MTS series 212 Combo is looking so tempting, especially at that price (I can get it for $1900 delivered here in Aus.).  Problem is, I don't know of anywhere locally (or even in my state) that sells them, so I can't try one first :D

One one hand I would be hard pressed to shell out so much for something I have never tried... but on the other, I don't want to spend $500 more on a 50w ENGL only to miss out on the carvin which could be equally as good for my taste.  The Carvin platinum warranty looks like a great deal too, which I will DEFINITELY be purchasing after all the pain with my current amp.

Hmmm :D

Have you looked at Carvin World? There might be a dealer in your neighborhood.

The have had "dealers" outside the states only, and they are very picky on who they use, they want to make sure that their products are not too over priced, since that is their way of getting more bussiness.

And that Jam Room is the 1st one I hear that do almost justice to the MTS sound! I have a guy back home in PR that bough a half stack, he plays hardcore and thrash in a christian band, and I went to a jam with them and that thing was loud with a lot of thick harmonics.

I will love to get one, but I think that the price is way too much for me since I'm not a musician, I play, enough to satisfy me, but not pretty good, so all I got is a Crate MX120R which I plan on converting to a head and a 1/2 stack.

Thanks for making me check Carvin World again marksound :D I had checked it originally so I wouldnt have usually thought to check again, but after you mentioned it I had a look and it turns out they have added 2 more Australian dealers and one of them is about 1-2 hours drive away, so I might give them a ring, see what they can do for me :D

I am very interested to see what the deal is with warranty.

- Dan