Floyd Rose Speedloader

Hi all,

Anyone have any idea where I can get my hands on a new speedloader? No one in my area (NJ) has any clue about it and all I ever get from Floyd Rose is, "it'll be out next month" They've been saying that for onths. But now I see all these shops over in the UK advertisizng the new unit on BC Rich's and they are in stock. So is the Garden State the last to know or just the country. Any help would be greatly appericated.

Thanks,

Sam

I'm guessing they're making them available on ready-made guitars first before letting us buy them separately. but what do I know about these things? it would seem logical though to let people make up their minds about them while properly installed on a good instrument before letting them do bad installs on mediocre ones :D

As far as I know it, you don't tune the Speedloader system.

The strings come in the exact length they need to be, and after the guitar has been set up once, you will never have to touch it again.

Not even when it comes to changing strings. Just put on the new set, put it together and it's already in tune.

I'm sure fine tuning is available....

As far as I know it, you don't tune the Speedloader system.

The strings come in the exact length they need to be, and after the guitar has been set up once, you will never have to touch it again.

Not even when it comes to changing strings. Just put on the new set, put it together and it's already in tune.

I'm sure fine tuning is available....

no tuning needed. well, ok, slight tuning is included in the set-up, but it's not like on a normal guitar. you set the tuning range of each string by tightening or loosening a screw of some sort... fine-tuning works like on any normal floyd.

I'm guessing you adjust intonation the same way you would with an OFR. does anyone know if "the key" works with the speedloader?

Floyd Rose still doesn't have an answer for me when it will be released. But here's what I found out about tuning, the only adjustment you have is fine tuning and this is done by the fine tuners at the rear of the tremolo. No more cutting ball ends off or fishing the strings through the locking block. And my custom guitar doesn't have a head stock purposely to use the speadloader with it, so now I have a pretty piece of wood :D

if that's a bolt-on, you could buy a used neck (with headstock, tuners and locking saddle) just so you can get to playing it sooner. if it's neck through, I'm thinking you have an expensive wall ornament until the fr speedloader is available...

it looks pretty nice, but still not what I'd want to be looking at before dinner :D

samdjr74, is that the link to your guitar? Pretty wild looking. I didn't care for the comment about George's guitar looking like a Burger King hand out though. Something about people needing to slam others in order to make themselves feel good. If that is your guitar, you must be pretty anxious to get crankin away on it - it looks mean!