Raven West Guitars

sepultura999

Anyone try a Raven West guitar? They look like they're part of the same story as Sanatoga and Jay Turser. The reason why I ask is because of this guitar

http://www.ravenwestguitar.com/rg2180ae.html

I've only seen Godin make nylon acoustic electrics look like electrics, along with one or two Yamahas and I believe Gibson had one with Chet Atkins. Some of their guitars look too good to be true.

http://www.ravenwestguitar.com/rgwa.html

-Jamie

3698 dollars! GEEZ. I think I'll get the one from raven west (when I have the money), even if it doesn't sound as good lol.

-Jamie

• 5 months later...

i'm brand spankin new here, in fact, i registered because i wanted to get some feedback on these ravenwest guitars.

what is the general concensus on them?

my gf bought me one as a gift, and i freaking love it (amber ash hollow body). it plays like a much more expensive guitar, sounds really nice out of the amp (peavey classic 30), and looks incredible. but i haven't heard of this brand at all, and would like to see if anyone has any input.

i'm brand spankin new here, in fact, i registered because i wanted to get some feedback on these ravenwest guitars.

what is the general concensus on them?

In a nutshell, they're cheap. Setup well will play but I suspect they won't last a long time. The quilts are a material finish (not real wood) and I saw one with a ding in it, looked like peeling wallpaper. :D

Don't get me wrong, I think they *look* okay but looks is pretty much a temporary thing if the guitar isn't made to last.

Don't get me wrong, I think they *look* okay but looks is pretty much a temporary thing if the guitar isn't made to last.

The big question I suppose will be what the models they're using (sucker fellas like me to look at every single one of their guitars) will look like in 50 years.

I'm betting they'll all look like someone's grandmother.

sweet. i feel great about my axe now.

From your previous post, it sounded like you were very happy with your guitar. Why change your opinion over it now? It still plays the same and still sounds the same as when you loved it earlier. :D

not to hijack but did yngwie invent scalloping (by invent i mean introduce it to the world)

Richie blackmore from deep purple used scalloped fingerboards too.

Some other guy did it even earlier but I cant remember his name.

I think Yngwie probably probably did most to 'introduce it to the world' though, since it seems that most people who build/ buy scalloped guitars do it because of yngwie.

Edited by Ben

not to hijack but did yngwie invent scalloping (by invent i mean introduce it to the world)

Richie blackmore from deep purple used scalloped fingerboards too.

Some other guy did it even earlier but I cant remember his name.

And...Yngwie was a huge Blackmore fan as a youth, oooh how ironic. :D

John McLaughlin made some work of it and let's not forget India whose music is based on the exact same idea and the ability to bend a string hard. It's been around a very long time, but for many applications it's not practical.

I'd like to see someone play a Maj6 , dom7#5#9 chord shapes on a scalloped board and keep it in tune. :D

sweet. i feel great about my axe now.

From your previous post, it sounded like you were very happy with your guitar. Why change your opinion over it now? It still plays the same and still sounds the same as when you loved it earlier. :D

i was just being sarcastic. i still love it. :D

I have the RG450 I like it don't love it thats why I'm building my own chambered hollow body now. I switched out the pickups on the rg450 to Duncans Sh-1 thought the stock were just to muddy for me but that was my really own complaint and I have a little bit of trouble keeping it in tune though I'm very aggressive bender.. I'm building my own because I want prefer the 25.5 scale and I wanted to put in coil splitters but if you like it don't let anyone deter you.