4 Speaker Outputs

slayer63636

i have a marshall valvestate 8200 BI-Chorus stereo head. ive had it for over 6 months now and just yesterday i was playing with my sound. i even hooked up speaker cables from my cab in a diffent way and the sound changed. dose anyone know why? it has 4 speaker outputs. normaly i run my cab in stereo and ive never messed with it untill now. the left seems to push out more volume than the right. is there something wrong here?

Do they have a little 'omega' sign and a number by them? If so, they are likely different impedance outputs, so you can match them to your cab.

4, 8 and 16 ohms are fairly common. It's possible that you have one channel of the stere output matched to the cab you're using, and one mismatched. All things being equal, you'll get better volume with matched impedances.

there is no "omega" sing by them or numbers. all it says is loudspeaker outputs and there are 2 for the left and 2 for the right. then it says 100 watts 4 ohm per channel and 80 watts 8 ohm per chanllel.

Omega symbol = Ohms, so 8 Ohms = 8 Omega Symbol.

What is your cab rated at? That should determine what output on the amp you're using.

GBT

i have the 8100 valvestate and impeadence is everything with these amps if you dont match your mains rateing it will sound like a tiny tinker toy. you can type in "marshall valvestate 8100 scheamatic" and hit enter on msn and the first site that is listed will have your amp asnd many more scheamtics. i dont really know but i think the guys are stearing you in the right direction.

sorry for the mix up. what i ment to say is that all the speakers are rated at 8 ohms. the wiring is set up at 16 ohms. i found a diamgram on the celestion site for 2x12 in series. that way it would give me a 16 ohm load and since my head will only put out a 8 ohm load witch is ok, from what ive head. if i did it in parallel it would give me a 4 ohm load.

i had mine at 16ohms and it sounded like crap ! thats why i say impedence is everything on these amps. i am running mine at 4ohms basicly the same way you are. a 4x12 wired for stereo. i use g12m-70 celestions and i get really good mid range sound the highs are a bit crisp and the lows are real punchy. another thing was speakers! they all have very different sound through different amps so you may want to look in that direction as well.

p.s. also polarity on the speakers is very important. if the polarity is reversed one 1 speaker it will cause it to fight the other.(when 1 is pushing the other is pulling so they kinda cancel each other out and really screw up db levels)

peace

robert latham

i guess it is the speakers. the right side are 2 eminince Man O War that are 125 watts RMS. on the left side i have a single celestion G12-30 30 watts RMS (other one is blown) . i was gonna get a pair of vintage 30s untill my car needed a whole new brake set up (300 bucks down the crapper). ill check the wiring later tonight