Guitar Stands?

RGGR

As the number of guitars in the house is growing......I'm wondering if there are example out there of nice guitar stands.

I see some people hang them on the wall.

I see people set them on individual stands.

I see people having one multiple guitar stand stand.

How are you guys dealing with this "problem"?

(I say "problem".....as having more then one guitar can never be a problem!!!)

I'm thinking building a custom one that holds a number of guitars....stacked sideways???

Any ideas????

Edited by RGGR

I'm making one out of pvc pipe. Don't know how it will turn out, but I'm hoping it does work.

I really like that idea of that guy's wine rack shelf for his guitars.

There is one guy who custom built his own guitar out of metal and sold it on ebay. I believe he had a tune-o-matic, but still routed a tremolo cavity in the back where he added a few pieces of metal so it could stand up on its own. Really cool.

If you don't want to make one then I suggest buying a Quik-Lok 7-slot universal multiple guitar stand. It can hold any guitar. I'm not sure if they can hold double neck guitars though. I emailed them and asked but they haven't replied. That was last year.

-Jamie

I use my floor. It's non-marring, pervasive, and I have more than enough to go around. :D

You don't have kids.

I like wall hangers --much more impressive and it keeps them out of reach of little hands. And drunk, clumsy friends. And big happy dogs and their wagging tails...basically, I figure, if it's on the floor, it's an accident waiting to happen.

Oh yeah, another good reason for wall hangers --makes my brother-in-law's jaw drop in envy (he's had the same cheapo guitar for 15 years now...too cheap to buy himself another one)

that side way type rack sounds cool,have it like on sliders,so u slide a guitar out...hey,maybe with a little work u can voice enable certian guitars to automatically slide out, eg''les paul''

or the slidey thing would work to lol