Carvin Neckthru Blanks

If I called Carvin, would it be possible to have different options on their neckthru blanks (NT-6 I believe)??

I am looking for these options for a neck:

-Locking floyd nut

-Different inlays (Possibly Stars)

-Maybe different back contour (Wizard neck style)

Would they be able to do that stuff for me? or at least the top 2.. That would be sweet.. also if they can, how much extra do you think it'll cost?

I was just asking.. figured people here has ordered one before, so it would be best to ask here..

I can't decide weither or not I am making a bolt-on or neckthru.. it all depends on if I can get this local carpenter who made guitars before or not, cause if I can't find someone who knows how to do exact scales and all that **** needed, no way im buying a neckthru.. but if I can get him, then maybe I will get a neckthru because he'll know what to do

I have a good wizard neck off an old RG I might use for a bolton, just order the pre-routed blanks off Warmoth and another blank to make my shape, and then since it routes the neck socket and floyd, I won't need to do the measurements of the scale length and all that.. because with the little experiance I have, I don't wanna take that chance to spend so much then mess it up

A neckthrough will be easier to build than a bolt-on if you buy the neckthrough part!

In any event, if you want THAT much custom stuff, I advise going to an independent instead. The one I've had my eye on for decades is a member here, even:

http://www.soulmateguitars.com/

Looks like enough recommendations have created a bit of a waiting list for him. :D

Greg

if I can't find someone who knows how to do exact scales and all that **** needed, no way im buying a neckthru.. but if I can get him, then maybe I will get a neckthru because he'll know what to do

If you know how to use a ruler, then there's not much to it, at least the part about getting your bridge in place.

There's a lot of information in this site, spend some time digging through all of it...you'll find everything you'll need to know here. Better than bugging the carpenter guy, unless he's really into your project.

I imagine getting someone to make star-shaped inlays for you is going to be REALLY expensive. That's something you'll have to do for yourself. Or try to find premade.

I'm betting you can modify dot markers for that though. Just spend some time practicing on scrap.

Hmm I might try ordering one from that website there, a Set Neck one.. those seem to be quite good.. $200 and im sure if he just added inlays for me it shouldnt be over like $300 since my inlay options arent too hard (simple really) so that would be awesome.. altho $300 for a neck is a shitload, it would be worth it for my dream guitar I guess..

Hey Nick,

Keep in mind that I believe the inlay work on a SoulMate fretboard is sourced out, and I don't know how much that would cost. If that's the case, you can also contact any other inlay artist (like DePaule supply) if the price is better, and have them send the fretboard to SoulMate instead of to you. It's worth contacting Soulmate first to see what he says.

Greg