Looking To Source Brass Inserts

I would like to locate a source for the brass inserts that go into the volume/tone knobs. I have some wood like Teak and Koa that would make some interesting knobs when turned.

Because I figure if someone looks around the forum, deciding where to make a post, then picks a way wrong section, then makes the post, they should be given some credit for this effort.

Of course for those who navigate the forum with their eyes closed and can't help from doing things like that, I sincerely apologize.

Soapbarstrat,

Where pray tell (in my best english annunciation) would you have had me put this post?

Obvious replies get negative points and truly ingenious answers will get full credit. If I mistook "In Progress Work" for a place to learn how to get there, I apologize.

Shop Talk looked more like the place for discussing CNC's and Routers.

I have found this Forum helpful in the past.

Dayvo, thanks for the link. Cool site but they didn't have what I need.

Edited by fishgiven

What about buying some 1/4" brass tube from a hardware or crafts shop in your area? You can also get set screws at a hardware store, and between the two, you should be set.

Of course, you could always do without the inserts and drill/tap directly into the wood. Koa and teak should be hard enough to hold a thread, especially with so little stress on it.

The Mad Experiments in the shop tonight brought me to that conclusion.

Drilled a 15/64" through hole and turned it down to a knob shape.

Topped the hole with a 15/64" Abalone dot. Relief the other hole to 1/8" and press to fit.

Would still like an insert. I've seen them used on some Walnut knobs.

Thanks!