Truss Rod Mistake?

Hey, I read the stewmac truss rod intructions and put in the truss rod with silicon at the two metal brackets at either end. However, I later went back and it says silicon bathtub SEALER to prevent rattle.... I used silicon household ADHESIVE....

Although, it doesn't touch the actual rod, so everything still turns freely...

Will I have a problem???

Chris

Don't plan to have to... cause I'm also glueing the fretboard on today.... so as long as it won't interfer with it's function, It's all good. I dunno, I didn't know if those brackets were supposed to be able to shift a little of not??

Chris

Edit: Any second opinions, I wanna be more than 1 person sure before I glue this fretboard down over it....?

My 2 cents worth on the subject is that all synthetic plastics are glue. There are just some minor changes to them that make them better suited for outside, wet areas, or what not. Considering that two metal brackets of this 2 way rod aren't supposed to move anyway and that the rubber like silicon adhesive will give you the same desired affect of dampening any undesirable resonate generated buzz.