One Week Cigar Box Guitar Contest

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont be raggin on my fuglycaster :D

I'm not ragging it man. In fact, I love it. For inventive use of materials yours wins hands down. PVC pipe for a whammy bar, 4 frets slapped on with masking tape, news paper "resonator", and flat head screws for the nut. It's thinking outside the box. Waaaaaaay outside. :D

Unless, any one objects (Godin?)

No objections here B)

You guys do whatever you wan't. This was just a quick thought that floated through my head. And the reason for the time limit was to make it nice and hard. (also so everyone finishes insted of "well I got my neck sanded, only took me 4 years" :D:D)

If you guys wan't to change this or have it on a regular basis than thats okay with me. B)

You guys are gonna love my entry. It's gonna rock. :D

You guys do whatever you wan't. This was just a quick thought that floated through my head. And the reason for the time limit was to make it nice and hard. (also so everyone finishes insted of "well I got my neck sanded, only took me 4 years" :D:D)

Totally agree. I couldn't build a full up guitar in a week, but a CBG, no problem.

If we have future events like this, and I'm sure we will, a reasonable time limit for each task will vary. Like I said, one week for a CBG is fine. I'd need a year for an arch top, but like I could stay focused on a project like that for a year just for posting a few pics and 15 seconds of fame when the voting comes around.

You guys are gonna love my entry. It's gonna rock. :D

You are running out of time. There's only a few hours left. B) No pressure. B)

Really nice work too from the looks of it.

I feel your pain on the pictures. I only had my crappy old digital camera on hand. The missus has the good one on her trip this week. The old camera is okay, but everything is just a little too fuzzy looking with it.

When the better camera (and the missus) gets home I'm going to take some better pictures and *gulp* sell the White Owl on eBay.

I just got started today. heres what ive got so far.

Image969.jpg

Heres some more pics

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/mar...05/Image968.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/mar...05/Image967.jpg

I think i will make it 18" scale, seems kinda cool. Im still searching for my body at the moment, its proving hard, im kinda leaning towards an old speaker box i have lying around. Maby, we'll see.