Interesting Article On Vintage Guitar Outrageous Prices.

Here's an interesting article I found today.

MSN Article on Astronomical Vintage Guitar Prices

Just wanted to pass that one along.

Yeah, it's insane. There was a *MINT* 1955 Strat with original case and amp that sold on ebay for $75,000 a little while ago. There was a news article written about it.

Even the usually not to great 70's Strats are going for $2000+ and the cheapy Fenders like mid '60's Mustangs & MusicMasters are fetching up to and over $1000 on ebay.

Which one sounds better--a '57 Strat or a '05 Mexican Strat?

Answer: Depends on whether you ever take the '57 out of the case, string it up, plug it in, and play it. Otherwise, it's no more useful than a nice paperweight.

At least Eric Johnson and Slash actually PLAY their vintage guitars and provide the rest of us with a little bit of insight as to why they love them.

It's fine if they play it, but they should tuck their shirt in before their belt buckle comes into any contact with the guitar, or anything stupid like that! Seriously, I see so many guitars go on ebay and they all state, "I've had this for a few months, and it has the average scratches here and there, and belt rash." Geez. I've had my guitar for 2 years and there aren't any dents or belt rash. The only scratches are so thin and minute that you really have to look in the light on the satin black.

-Jamie