Low Trebble Pick-ups For Ibanez

Hugo

Hi,

just new here, I won't be building my project guitar any time soon (rebuilding house first) but I would like to mod my current workhorse, an Ibanez GSA 60. After changing and adjusting the hardware, it feels and playes great. But it has very much trebble in it's sound. I play a Line6 amp, on which I turn trebble back 25% and bass up 25% to get the sound I like. I'm considering to change pick-ups, and searching via the project guitar website, I found the DiMarzio Tone Zone S DP189. I cannot seem to link directly to it's spec sheet, just go to www.dimarzio.com, choose 'strat' on the lower bar, then 'Hum canceling strat' in the left hand menue. Do any of you have axperience with these, or can you recommend another sollution? BTW, my fav sound is SRV's, but I'll never get close to that since I cannot play the guitar. Well, not compared to him, that is...

Cheers,

Hugo

Edited by Hugo

Thanks, that's interesting. However, I read the caps block lower frequencies ...

While there's more to it than that, what you've said is essentially true. egdeltar is recommending that you install the cap from 'hot' to ground, thereby conducting treble frequencies to ground. I'm not terribly fond of this idea because you've already got this on your guitar and it's called a tone control, but it might be worth a try.

Edited by fookgub

You're just replacing the bridge pickup?

Tone Zone isn't really the way to go if you're looking for an SRV sound. True single coils like a Blue Velvet set would suit you better.