Sometimes I Don't Believe My Luck!

Ok, so I go tot his show with a friend who really knows the band last night. Turns out he's smashing one of his guitars at the end of the show... not sure if it was spur of the moment or what, but he did. Afterward the friend brought me to meet them and I go "I build guitars can I have all the parts?" and he goes "Sure, go home, scrap it, use what you want, just bring me back the broken body cause I wanna hang it on my wall."

Ie: I'm now hooked up with free bridge, pots, tuners, bolt neck screws with furrels, PICKUPS!!!, the works. Even the fingerboard is salvegable! It's started to come apart from the neck and did not crack like the neck did!

Here's the guitar:

gretsch.jpg

Chris

Go look on ebay, this is one of Gretsch's lower end Sparkle Jets made in Korea. I mean it SOUNDS killer for a Korean guitar! But they still go for like a mere $250 on ebay as BUY IT NOW, so you can probably get them for even less. His main guitar was a sweet modded fender tele that had a flamed maple neck! But no, they're a retro-rock style band and he was in one of those like on the knees and back spinning around looks-like-a-drug-induced-solo type things when he smashed it. Very Jimi Hendrix! Either way, some kool guys from the Miami area! Check them out at www.catapillarsilk.com and listen to "Attire is Fire" at www.myspace.com/catapillarsilk it's SUCH an addicting chorus, the guys voice sounds SO raspy cool!

And yeah, the main grab from this was the pickups, but I mean there's also a double action truss rod... pots, some sheilded wire, the works :D

Chris

Just out of curiosity does anyone know WHAT Gretsch pickups these are? Cause all the reviews I'm reading just say "Gretsch humbuckers" which doesn't help me much? And I'm having a hard time believing that these are the same Filtertones in this $250 (used) guitar as they put in the high end hollowbodies....?

Chris