To Truss Rod Or Not To Truss Rod

I am building a bass guitar at the minute and cannot decide whether or not to fit a truss rod. I would appreciate hearing from anyone with advice or suggestions on how I should go about this matter? Is it worth fitting a truss rod in the first place? What type? Past experiences with a similar matter? Thanks a lot

The dumbest thing someone can do is build a neck without a truss rod because it seems complicated or unnecessary. Classicals get away without them, but they've got short, fat necks with low-tension strings. Non-adjustable rods work great when they word, but if you need to adjust things, you're in for a no-fun ride.

Truss rods are cheap, easy to install, and there's no good excuse not to use 'em. I'm a big fan of dual action rods + a pair of CF reinforcements.

LMI does have good truss rods, but check out Allied Lutherie's truss rods which I find a great value, made like LMI's, and are well built. Stew Mac's Hot Rod truss rod is great if your going to build a medium to fat thick neck. All of them make good truss rods though. Since your making a bass I'd definitely recommend using a truss rod, and not only that, I'd use carbon fiber rods to make the neck even more stable. So, definitely a yes from me on the use of a truss rod!!